Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turtle Dreams

Go down 
+4
sf
Rookie
Airlesy
mcdss
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue85/100Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2007, 20:40

The Turtle was taken out to stretch his legs last Friday... drive up NS highway to Malacca for a round of golf and up to KL for a day to visit some friends, and hit the saunas...

man... we were going so fast... i could hear the wheel bearings wearing out on top of the supernoisy RT615s on the malaysian highway... yup, past that magic 25,000 km mark leow... not sure if it will grip well anymore in the wet...

funny thing too.. in the wet, all sorts of noises i can hear coming out... is it from the racing clutch??? never happened before change of clutch... like shuddering engine even no clutch depressed, or fully depressed when going tru the rain... very funny...

i got to go check it out before i go on track again...

and i have that nasty feeling that my alignment has all gone skewed... but yet hit 200kmh on some stretches of the lonely highway... deathwish hahaha

KL is truely a city that never sleeps in some parts!! not like singapore... all dead by 4.30am save some food places...

in KL, their 4.30 am sees THOUSANDS thronging the dance clubs and hundreds of taxi double parking - waiting for someone to jump in for that midnite fare... most unbelieveable...

damn.. i really need a GPS to get to all those nooks and crainies of KL and surrounding areas... you can really get LOST in there.

Of course, we parked and locked up Turtle for a day's rest while we took our friend's car... toyota LANDCRUISER no less... fugging moster truck to go around the city, as well as another friend's Renault van... that 1.4 litre turbodiesel.. god.. that thing can move... think i'll go for forced induction in my next upgrade... maybe...

as to the tinting thing... well... no one stopped the Turtle even tho we went tru some road blocks and other things involving policemen...

I suppose the matter is just some unfortunate guy kena screwed by the hungry policeman looking for a quick bonus... and failing to get it... becos the target was not 'cooperative' to give kopi money...

in any case, turtle got a very good stretch of legs, and i will take her in to see the doctor about checking out her wheel bearings all four sides, and see if there is upgraded high-speed bearings available for our humble ES...

it wouldbe nice to have those fitted in if available Smile
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue85/100Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 15:37

last saturday took the turtle out to Kenny's to have it realigned and get my suspensions properly lowered. they seemed a little unbalanced, one side lower than the other, and the fronts were a little too high for my liking although they now clear any and all but the highest humps in shopping centre entrances.

so the adjustments were done... now turtle sits a tight 2 fingers at the back and a lose 2 fingers in front.

it's been a while since i had the chance to inspect the tyres on turtle... SHOCKED to find that the rear tyres had worn themselves smooth in the middle... and the two in-sides supposed to have highest wear, did not wear out as much as the middle i.e. still got thread left although it's below the 5mm depth requirements.

the front tyres are ok... wierd... have not rotated them... so how can the rears wear out more than the front?? in this manner? pressure had been kept at a constant 210 kpA. hmmm... over inflated for the rear??

anyways kenny remarked that my tyres already having problems leow... and i agreed... it's no longer 'track ready' it's worn out... time to go looking for a new set...

been harping on a few models of tyres ... so now it's crunch time... and new players popped up...

Toyo is first choice... R1R

Bridgestone is another first choice... RE01R... RE55S this is a semi slick and i will bet DAMN expensive with a ridiculous wear rate...

Falken is yet another choice... go back to RT615 lol... no...

Hankook came up... RS2 - seems quite popoular for PG use as it is 'cheaper' to run... hmmm... i wonder how it fares on Sepang & normal driving...

Got to get some soon... so read more ba...

in the meantime, the interesting thing happened. up to the adjustment of the hotbits coils, there was NO sound, no creaking, no funny noises... after the adjustments... wow... the whole back seems to be making noise as soon as i roll forward the car! interesting sounds coming from i dunno where...

maybe later i go my friend's place to loosen and re-tighten the rear tower bar and lower tie arm, as well as the rear shocks mountings...

most interesting...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2007, 02:14

Turtle was violated tonite.

Her front passenger door window got smashed in... and passenger side contents ransacked and glove compartment emptied.

Lost items include: Vehicle log card (copy), Insurance certificate, KM service records, all official reciepts for my poisons, International Car polish membership card, parking coupons, white cards, shc decals pack, 2 sets motorola t5500 walkie talkies, tissue packs.

and my best friend's Armani document bag and all it's contents, including some important information, etc.

The window was smashed, but the window film held most of the glass together, and din cause a serious mess, although it was a mess ... anyone who sits onto the passenger seat will have a serious tatoo on his butt...

so after 10 minutes of cleaning - yeah we din leave the place... just my friend stand guard to warn me if anyone approaches or car... the front seat can be safely occupied, and we went to rendevouz with God and o0o who parked at a different place.

ok ok fast rewind back to the front...

Decided that we wanted to have some dim sum and other stuff at the usual place. not much of a jam... and reaching the place, found tentage set up for the chinese 7th mth there. so we went further to park... and so after parking, locking the steering and covering up my stuff we went to eat. I'd tot when he put his bag on the floor of the passenger seat, it shud be safe enough... moreover, it was in front of a row of private housing, and it was bright there.

What was left behind was to me quite a godsent. my smaller sling bag at the back seat was untouched - in it, my digital camera, P910i phone, and various other serious personal items... including my bank book. in the boot, my office laptop... my hear was pounding when i lifted the boot lid to check...

i am considered extremely lucky leow...

on retrospect, i saw some people a few houses away chatting and bantering - it could have been them seeing us walk away from our car, and taking the opportunity.

damage done... front left side window - smashed. top door sill, scratched because of the glass being punched and pushed in. ego.. totally bruised.

and of course, thanks to o0o, i could park my car at his workshop under shelter... and fixed first thing tomorrow morning...

such is the salt and pepper of life, and i'm just glad that the loss was 'minimal' if there is such a word ... such petty crimes are if i catch them (not likely la) I would probably maime them properly... no wonder the middle easterners/staunch muslim law SAYS to cut of the thieves' hands as punishment... now i see it quite justifiable. I will carry out the sentence personally wif a blunt knife and a hammer and chisel (to hack the bones of course)

a chinese saying comes to mind... you go up the mountain often enough, you will finally meet the tiger... I'm glad this one is a pussycat scratch... i can't imagine if Turtle was totally kidnapped, or our lives threatened or lost...

now i know to park where everyone parks, and near to where you are, eating or otherwise so you can see your vehicle. else dun park unless security is present.

lesson learnt.
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2007, 02:20

sorry to hear tt
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2007, 02:47

thanks for your kind words... but dun be sorry... just remember the lessons learnt... we were hungry and forgot a few simple keep safe rules.

and opportunists pounced on our mistake.
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2007, 23:11

damn... Chief.....i hope those muthafarking CBKs will hv their hands infested w a thousand maggots.....Violent Violent Violent
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2007, 13:46

Turtle's shoes are pretty worn out... it's very high time to change them before they slip on me in a corner, or worst, on a straight road in the wet...

dry no problem... they are slick tyres now hahahah....

Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Photo_090707_002

Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Photo_090707_001

so hunt around for those targetted tyres ... R1R, R888, whoa... the prices locally are high... and there seems to be no stock in JB... OK look for the Hankook RS2... highly acclaimed, grippy tyres... look just like the AD07 in thread design... almost... and the price... whoa... more ex than the AD07!

sigh... no la...

RE01R... erm... dun have my size... and quotation by some 'lesser known' shops is just cut throat...

OK OK so i'm stinging here... becos anticipating the PG run...

finally called up PH to ask... got... told J that i dun wan old stock, and i dun wan lousy quality... and i will check... haha... he quoted me a nice price...

so down i went, and inspected the goods wif a magnifying glass before committing... yes, made this year... in march... not bad. all 4 pcs... checked the construction visually, no blemishes... ok... price... ok... so go ahead to change...

surprisingly, that day... no need to wait. only one other car there changing tyre... strange... what happened? usually there got like see doctor like dat... long queue... on a Friday afternoon no less... hmmm...

ok so we were 'early' hahaha later the build up started... glad i'm out of the way...

the thing about going to PH is that you must know exactly what you want, and you have to supervise the entire process... if you dun, there is possibility that they did not tighten everything, did not replace everything... actually they almost missed but before i could point out to them they took off my rim and replaced the rubber spacer for the hub... imagine driving without one...

so all was well... good price, not too bad service...

oh yeah... at another carpark 20 minutes later, i stopped to check all the air pressure... sure enough... not even haha one tyre 200 kPa. another 230kPa, one more 210kPa, and the fourth 220kPa... easy... all lower to 200kPa... so much for tyre pressure haha....

this set perhaps i will run it with 200-205 kPa all the way... see how the tyres wear out and grip...

milage on the car odo... 117,000 km... it's getting OLD hahaha... in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
oOo
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-31

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2007, 17:31

Turtle's shoes are pretty worn out... it's very high time to change them before they slip on me in a corner, or worst, on a straight road in the wet... Looks over inflated man.. I meant the tires.

dry no problem... they are slick tyres now hahahah....

Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Photo_090707_002

Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Photo_090707_001

so hunt around for those targetted tyres ... R1R, R888 whoa... the prices locally are high... and there seems to be no stock in JB... OK look for the Hankook RS2... highly acclaimed, grippy tyres... look just like the AD07 in thread design... almost... and the price... whoa... more ex than the AD07!

sigh... no la...

RE01R... erm... dun have my size... and quotation by some 'lesser known' shops is just cut throat... Yeah your size ain't a walk in the park

OK OK so i'm stinging here... becos anticipating the PG run...

finally pig called up PH to ask... got... told J that i dun wan old stock, and i dun wan lousy quality... and i will check... haha... he quoted me a nice price...

so down i went, and inspected the goods wif a magnifying glass before committing... yes, made this year... in march... not bad. all 4 pcs... checked the construction visually, no blemishes... ok... price... ok... so go ahead to change...

surprisingly, that day... no need to wait. only one other car there changing tyre... strange... what happened? usually there got like see doctor like dat... long queue... on a Friday afternoon no less... hmmm...

ok so we were 'early' hahaha later the build up started... glad i'm out of the way...

the thing about going to PH is that you must know exactly what you want, and you have to supervise the entire process... if you dun, there is possibility that they did not tighten everything, did not replace everything... actually they almost missed but before i could point out to them they took off my rim and replaced the rubber spacer for the hub... imagine driving without one...

so all was well... good price, not too bad service...

oh yeah... at another carpark 20 minutes later, i stopped to check all the air pressure... sure enough... not even haha one tyre 200 kPa. another 230kPa, one more 210kPa, and the fourth 220kPa... easy... all lower to 200kPa... so much for tyre pressure haha....200kpa at driver's side?

this set perhaps i will run it with 200-205 kPa all the way... see how the tyres wear out and grip...

milage on the car odo... 117,000 km... it's getting OLD hahaha... in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2007, 18:23

yup it looked that way to me too... but checked the pressure was at 210 kPa constant...

could it mean that it shud be less? at 200 or even 190 on normal roads? hmmm...

yes I'm odd sized here.. but most at home in USA or Australia etc where I'm normal size...

na... the one with 200kPa was on the left rear wheel... so really, nothing to do wif me Smile I know I know... they pump higher to compensate for me... but highest 230 was at left front... so they got it way wrong...

so if i wear out these real quick in PG, i'd go for the R1Rs... or T1R if not likely to track anymore till november...or december... wet leh.. maybe do the F1 on a wet track hahaha...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2007, 17:47

I must say that the AD07 is one step down from the RT615 where confidence and road holding is concerned on the Turtle. Although it does hold the road well, even tho not confidence inspiring, i.e. it twitches a bit, and you KNOW you are at the limit of cornering traction... just dunno when it will snap lose... yet it did not... is an interesting experience by itself. never had it in the 615 going at the same speed... i guess it's limit is much higher...

in the wet, maybe it is quieter than the 615s... because of its more symetrical groves.

just changed out the engine oils and hemp oil filter... the excellium was great ... i din evenrealise that it's been 4+ months since the last oil change... and about 11,000 km since. whoa... so fun to use...

this round, it's the rojak oils... all 5W-40 but from ultron, ultra, and M1 gold. just wanna clear the old stock oil, filtered out of course, and blimey... engine feels good and quiet!!

also just took out the spark plugs and 'serviced them' i.e. brushed it clean and shiny, no wear and tear at all... interesting... and put them back in.

although this round is still 100% synthetic oil, i will change out at 5,000 km or after track, oweing to the shelf life of the oil reaching the limit.

The hotbits are finally really noisy now... after adjustments to height. It could be that the protective layer of rubber absorbers between spring and damper mount being completely removed during the adjustments and it's now metal to metal, and every single movement of the rear shocks can be heard, groaning and creaking at every wheel movement.... i got to bring it back to JB someday soon to have it looked at and see if they can put a new 'bushing' back in to silence the thing... no issue at speed, but first thing in the morning and around car park speeds, you might get jarred into thinking the wheels are going to fall off... Razz

but suspension works wise... i have absolutely no complaints... they work wonderfully... stiff and solidly planted...

i was just wondering... if BC parts can be used wif the hotbit springs... hahaha... but that would be $600 for front and rear change... not worth la... unless there's no hope from JB at all to address the sound issue....

hmmm... just harbouring a thought ...

and if that new exhaust system is legalised, The Turtle would be too damn low leow.... and need to be raised back to 'stock' height to use this system properly... hmmm.....

anyways, The Turtle is functioning quite well now thank you... i shall just keep it that way... no more mods till after the PG run which would be dunno when la...

/
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2007, 17:48

I must say that the AD07 is one step down from the RT615 where confidence and road holding is concerned on the Turtle. Although it does hold the road well, even tho not confidence inspiring, i.e. it twitches a bit, and you KNOW you are at the limit of cornering traction... just dunno when it will snap lose... yet it did not... is an interesting experience by itself. never had it in the 615 going at the same speed... i guess it's limit is much higher...

in the wet, maybe it is quieter than the 615s... because of its more symetrical groves.

just changed out the engine oils and hemp oil filter... the excellium was great ... i din evenrealise that it's been 4+ months since the last oil change... and about 11,000 km since. whoa... so fun to use...

this round, it's the rojak oils... all 5W-40 but from ultron, ultra, and M1 gold. just wanna clear the old stock oil, filtered out of course, and blimey... engine feels good and quiet!!

also just took out the spark plugs and 'serviced them' i.e. brushed it clean and shiny, no wear and tear at all... interesting... and put them back in.

although this round is still 100% synthetic oil, i will change out at 5,000 km or after track, oweing to the shelf life of the oil reaching the limit.

The hotbits are finally really noisy now... after adjustments to height. It could be that the protective layer of rubber absorbers between spring and damper mount being completely removed during the adjustments and it's now metal to metal, and every single movement of the rear shocks can be heard, groaning and creaking at every wheel movement.... i got to bring it back to JB someday soon to have it looked at and see if they can put a new 'bushing' back in to silence the thing... no issue at speed, but first thing in the morning and around car park speeds, you might get jarred into thinking the wheels are going to fall off... Razz

but suspension works wise... i have absolutely no complaints... they work wonderfully... stiff and solidly planted...

i was just wondering... if BC parts can be used wif the hotbit springs... hahaha... but that would be $600 for front and rear change... not worth la... unless there's no hope from JB at all to address the sound issue....

hmmm... just harbouring a thought ...

and if that new exhaust system is legalised, The Turtle would be too damn low leow.... and need to be raised back to 'stock' height to use this system properly... hmmm.....

anyways, The Turtle is functioning quite well now thank you... i shall just keep it that way... no more mods till after the PG run which would be dunno when la...

/
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2007, 20:20

The Turtle is excited... end of month going up to Sepang for a few rounds of fun...

a few things need to be done tho... brakes need to be serviced... does it need to be re-filled with new brake fluid? it's only been 8 months since new dot4/600 fluids was pumped into her... i think not la... shud be ok. rear drums ok too - rear brake takes 3 clicks to lock up gently... 5 to slam lock... suu be in 'good' adjustment.

oils.. haha best topic... now thinking what to put into the engine... motul? or just use excellium gao leow...wanted to try out ows for myself... but still really tempted to use redline 20W street oil for track... just to try out ester based (non-racing oil) there. think i'll put in the 30s this round just to be kiasu a bit although others already did the mugen 20W oil no issue...

got new plugs leow... later will adjust the spark gap a bit before replacing the volkers but that will be like 2 days before the trip up... need FRESH PLUGS hahaha...

tyre pressures.. haha got a shock when i took the pressures of tyres this morning... one of the wheels had below 100kpa of pressure... the rest had 180.

tot kena puncture... now all filled to 190 kpa.. will monitor closely the next few days.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2007, 15:17

worrisome... it does lose a kpa per day... i will be taking it to a tyreshop to check. if it needs patching, it will have to be the inside patch and not the 'insert' patch...

just wondering which tyre shop in the clementi side does a good ... else just go back to PH and hope for the best ... haha but no hope there la...

must go for a good patch.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 11:37

it was a screw... it had gone in at a pure 90 degrees... straight in... that's the cause of the slow leak.

ended up patching it in a tyreshop at Tg Katong Rd (my old neighbourhood). He did a pretty good patch. I told him i din wan a 'plug' patch but to open up the tyre and patch from the inside. $15 bux for the patch...

opened up, ground down the rubber around it a bit to take the patch, and aplied will be a good patch... he did quite a good job and it was confidence inspiring to watch... knowing my tyre is properly patched and can withstand high speeds and high heat with virtually no chance of a problem.

one problem ended... the next one come...

going track ma... so wanted to change out the S2000 steering wheel to the nice thick race style steering wheel with the bosskit... so late that nite, do it alone.... unhooked the horn fuse so it won't be noisy, unscrewed the airbag out, opened the centre lock nut (easily done) and tapped the steering outwards... and ... OMG... forgot to release the horn harness and airbag harness... and the steering wheel pulled at those wires and snap...

no the wires din break... but the disc assembly came off and behind it, a white ribbon of wires came unwound...

This ribbon of wires is to allow the steering wheel to turn one and one half turns both directions from centre and still have horn, airbag, signal lights, and other things attached to steering wheel functioning.

SHOCK.... and quickly took out the disc, plus horn and airbag sensor wires... and luckily din move the disc ... so wound back the wires as per original setting... phew... and try to put it back in... can!! but now realised the lock clip cannot clip back onto the assembly!!! it has free play that prevent the clips from locking up the disc...

by now sweating profusely already... haha... cannot on the car, no aircon, so hot... and so stress... die... no steering... how to go sepang??????

sigh... last resort... just hold the disc in place and put the S2000 steering wheel back on... it still fit... and put the lock nut back in place... haha you need to imagine that i had to keep pressure on the disc, keep all the ribbon in there properly housed, and yet get the steering wheel back on, the thread the sensor and horn harness back through that tiny slot and push it all in properly without kinking any wires... wish i had a few more hands... and finally i did it... just put back all the screws and fuse and said a prayer... and inserted the idnition key... and twisted it...

ok car started and all the check lights went out... ops normal... tested turning left and right, ok no issue...

and i sighed a relief and offed everything, packed up, locked up and left. I'd spent almost 2 hours accomplishing absoloutely nothing... and now have a new problem to solve after track day...

Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 11:43

The next day, i went my friend's workshop to change oil and sparks and filter...

Redline 10W-30, Denso IK-20L, and Hemp filter. and of course, swap out my exhaust for the DNX pipe... no issues there... asked him about my steering ... he also not sure... so i din press... but he commented my steering was loose... (I'd not tighten fully the previous nite) and so he just tightened it for me... not gonna open it till i go back to KM or Espace to let them see if they know how to do...

all this put behind me leow... just look forward to monday leow...

and i went to Kenny's to see if he can check alignment for me ... but since i din make appt, he was too busy... but i suppose i'd no issue as he is confident that the alignment is alright... the car is not sidestepping anywhere... tracks true... will realign later after the track...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 17:07

Track day... I woke up at the first ring of the alarm and snapped it off... been half asleep only... it was 4.30 am...

Dressed and drove off by around 5.00 am... to the meeting point at WCM. Haha... din speed at all and drove with all windows down to enjoy the cool morning breeze... and it started to drizzle... heh heh...

ok lor ...

reached WCM and soon the rest were there leow... and we headed up at 6.50am

The drive up was uneventful and drizzly... lucky for us...

and the event was truely spectacular... If I could recall correctly, 2 warm up laps to calibrate the tyre pressures, three more to double check. fire was behing me on first 2 warm up laps... damn... he was chasing me and sliding all over.. i was worried he'd come kiss me ... and i'd driven faster to keep him away ... on the warm up lap... at one point i glanced at the rear view mirror and saw him going broadside... din look much becos me still in the middle of the corner and need to look in front... thereafter din see him leow...

he came in after the 2 lap warmup... and kelvin who was sitting beside jumped out... Smile

and we went out again after checking tyre pressures...the AD07 were set to 190kpa at the start... now they read 220kpa!!! whoa... i bled off the air back to 185kpa and went out again. 3 laps this time...

and then as i was resting Turtle, the red flag was waved... first 'crash' of the day - well not crash as per crash.. but prolly run off till needed tow truck to tow out, i hope... so we waited... everyone came back... except fire88 who went out with rOcH... hmmm....

yup he hit the gravel big time...

anyways no serious damage... and he managed to tap off most of the gravel and went out again... after about 40 minutes of cleaning up. bro rOcH was most helpful and helped him clean out the car... the rest of us just went off as track time was running... thinking back i was a littlebit selfish hor... shud have helped more besides providing him with all my tools for his use...

gone another 6-8 (truely, I lost count here) rounds before coming in to rest... just wanted to do those CORNERS!!! hee hee hee...

this round picked up fire to have a 'joyride' to see the line better... although I'm not the best there... i hope to have given him some idea... so we went another 3 rounds...

and bro rOcH came... haha... go again! quite fun actually... another 3 rounds... and Macross... another 3... shud have gone another one as tattybear came and chased us down... I 'd let him pass tot he was a student (turned out later found out that he was first time on track...) oh well... nvm... no ego there ok? was sightseeing with Macross... haha...

and back to rest becos water temps hit past 110 degrees leow on the last straight... whoa... hot... so back to the paddocks for a longer rest... before last round out... but that was not to be... by the 5th corner going out, the red lites came on... sigh... slowed down and on hazard lights... and slowly drove back to the paddocks... track time finish leow... the GT3 had slide into the deep gravel... last 10 minutes... he must have gone all out... eveyone had that feeling... last few laps ga ga... push all the way... but for me, was really to enjoy the last rounds and hope to pass the entrance just as the lights turn red for end of track time, and go another round before ending... too bad, this run no such luck... but still happy... everything is running well in the car, handles well, tyres make known their end of traction, quite responsive and communicative, and i drove the limit of my skills and sometimes car as well...

it was a good run...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2007, 00:11

End of track session means a few thing... repack the junk you put out of your car, drive out of the paddocks and go for shower!!

the sweat is starting to dry and cake up... and stink!

and the showers are malaysian... ON and leave it on.. not those push - it will go off by itself type taps... and the water pressure... and shower... ahhhh.....

after that it's off to to the Petronas station to get our tyres reinflated to the right pressure... the trick is to let out at least half to 3/4 of the air inside as it's HOT AIR... and refill wif cool air so it won't sag later as it cools off and retain pressure.

took some pics, drink lots of fluids to replenish and recharge... and headed out to the highway home... although we 4 stayed in formation and convoy... others were tired and had to drive faster to stay awake... and so began the chase home... haha and the ES5M hit a speed of 210kmh before backing off... if ES1 on piggyback and proper setup... 223kmh shud not be an issue... but we law abiding one... no one went over 110kmh la...
Wink

again, blessed... no incidents... and we were all home by midnight. some of us even had time to stop at the petrol station to get a car wash (we din want to stop in JB... too darn dangerous... so came back via Tuas and that's it)

what a wonderful trip... total cost... RM$800. (RM$450 for track, $200 for petrol, $110 for toll, the rest for food and drinks) NOT cheep...

come to think of it.. November 12 trip... even if track fees are $300, it's still gonna be RM$650 for the trip... sigh.... maybe PG looks more economical... got to try it one of these weekdays leow...)

T

Last edited by on Tue Nov 06 2007, 15:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2007, 00:17

Well... the engine oil held up beautifully. my friend the mechanic checked it when i went to swap back to the silent tail pipe the next afternoon... he looked at it, and oil level... din lose a drop... and still clear as it was when first put in... very very nice... will try to go for 10,000 km before change out and see how it does...

time to solve that headache i created for myself...

made appt to see mr wong at jla km ... he took one look and exclaimed it's not 'original' hallo... it's an S2000 original hor... and when i described the problem and pointed to where and what... he said needed a day and had to charge labour... a day... told me estimated $50 at least... and to come back next tuesday and drop off the car in the morning...

sigh... in my mind... i already said forget it... but kept the appt in case i relly desperate. went to espace the next morning... needed to service my brakes anyway, and clean out the filter... so sun pian do the steering...

all done... service charge for all three things... $50 ... and very nicely done too... damn... some things just can't go back to KM... especially moded parts... they only know the 'official' parts... I will forever remember this...

Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2007, 15:57

i bot over DV's head unit... a Pioneer 9xxx... it shud be better than the 8650 i had right? somehow, it dun seem to sound that way in the Turtle... did I mentioned earlier that my Philips amp powering my subs is dead? it's now replaced with a Phoenix Gold 100W RMS amp... overkill man... got to downtune the amp to mate it properly into the car's setup...

time to demod this HU to see who wanna take over leow... sigh...

and someone is pushing the P90 HU at me... retail price of course... i got to resist this one... and keep to the old faithful 8650...

and now the meters... a rojak series... 3 x 52mm Prosports gauges... seems that the thing is not working well there... damn it... and it's not using the sandwich plate /adaptor becos the sensors are the long type and will get in the way ...

now the oil pressure is only working intermettently, and oil temp will drop to zero at high speeds/high revs... normal use is ok... only when i drive hard... damn...

thinking of what to buy one last time and defi keeps popping up... the pivot gauges seems like the sensors are damn ex, and controlled by MW... is it? tot Speedworks also can get the sensors for pivot gauges...

the other one is to get the Autometer gauges. again, not cheep, and only jeep chee does those... so i must go there and ask... do you think they'd do a good job for the ES Civic?

anyways... it's for later part of the year leow... gauges... I'm so irritated I thinking of demoding all of it for now... and come back next time haha...

zzz
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2007, 07:35

i was right about the HU... it bleu up my speakers... not DV's fault... it happens to old things anyways... just happened when it's installed in the Turtle...

taking it to the workshop to demod and replace my old faithful and see if anything could be done to save my amps and speakers...

i hope it's just the fuses that were blown... i wasn't even playing loud music when it happened...

sigh... today so busy schedule at office some more... double sigh... hope it gets done by day's end. else very very sian leow...

anyone to give me a ride from Kallang to UppThomson at 5.30pm?

triple sian.....
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2007, 09:24

erm... the 8650 is back in my dash... and i have ICE again... enough said on this issue. complicated enough as it is...

still have this alignment thinggy.. not done before and after the track! car seems to like to drift to the right but some roads, it tracks straight... sigh... really need to get it properly done leow... I'd prolly ask Kenny to open up all the way in preparation for the PG drives...

not gonna lower my car any further. it's the lowest it can go without it scratching at every single hump on the island... right now, only the most obtuse humps gets a chasis drag... so for sure.. it's low enough leow...

pity these things are so troublesome to adjust up and down, else i wud do it daily hahaha ok ok... dun even think about those - air charged height adjusters... it's fugging 300kg for the stupid compressor and storage tank... not for my car la... I'll live with my current setup.

Met George the other morning going the opposite direction... damn his car looks good... I got to get me that wire mesh thing for the lower grill...

anyways, we chatted on the phone while waiting for the lights to change, and he commented that my Turtle was very low... I wonder if he is aware how LOW was HIS own car... hahaha... but on 17 inch rims, damn... it looks really good...

sigh... more temptation to get a bling set of 17 for daily drive... (crazy ah??)

:drunk:
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2007, 19:55

WELL... finally got my half day leave... and off we went to PG.

the details you can see in bro rOcH's photodiary... quite nice.

what i wanted to note here is the track. empty is nice. especially for first timers... the day was dry and hot too... and the tyres... haha

when we stopped at PG and checked, the meter read 205kpa, so i dropped all 4 tyres to 185kpa... went out for 3 laps warm up... and they read 210kpa... so i dropped the pressure to 195 ... and went for 4 more rounds...

it read 200kpa at the end of that... so i just dropped it to 190kpa... and that's it... drove the rest of the hour, and slide a bit here and there during hard braking... way below the legendary 170kmh on turn 2... i hit 160 and it was just past the 100m mark... just enough to ease off the throttle and hard brake and downshift the sweeping left hander... and get ready to move into position for the next left hander either on 2nd or 3d... usually overrev a bit here and upshift in the middle of the turn... becos... 3rd no power, for the speed i am in.. i prolly need to take that corner a lot faster, but the traction there was worrying... starting to drift a bit as tyres are at the edge of traction leow... and swing around to do the next right hander at 3rd... quite ok and can make it up... the next gear at redline... and drop to 3rd again for the 90 degree turner of a big u turn... quite nice, again, over rev here...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2007, 20:05

the start of the S curve is very fun... maybe i going too slow here but it dun seem that difficult... only the end of the s going uphill and then down to a savage right and left zig-zag is more demanding, and entry speed on braking can initiate a drift when tyres are melting... hmmm...

here you can either end and slow into the pits, or gun it to go another hard right to the 'sprint' straight... can get up to 4th before stomping on the brakes and downshift again to do the 150 degree turn back to the back straight - the up and downhill allows you to gain speed here if you are in the right gear, and can go up to 170 before braking and downshifting (hey i referring to the ES5 here la... high powered cars can go faster...)

and you have gone one round here... i dunno if i missed any corners... seems a short course to me after being so used to the 15 turn Sepang which is over 5 km long per round... this one is around 3+km... and much narrower... and got wall instead of run off safely at 170+kmh... i scared ... i dun think i will push THAT hard here... still want to go home...

in all , i think i did OK for an old timer newbie ... not gonna time myself or anything la... but i did not dwaddle at any corner and took them at near my tyre and chasis limit (more like balls limit) becos I know Sepang King does it faster and never on the brakes... I can't... i have to use brakes here and there going into the corner... can't drift like he does...

i have GOT to sit in his ride when he goes ... as well as my sifu's also...

maybe i will go open up my cambers more for PG...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2007, 18:29

I dunno man... the Turtle these days... just gets shioker and shioker to drive... not like gonna tear anything la... just enjoying the car's vibrations more and more... even the 'intermittent' meters seem to catch leow, and now show constant readings and less 'no signal' blinking...

sigh...

blissful leow...

which gets scary... like the calm before the storm...

speaking of which.. blardy hell... when it rains... Turtle developed a leak!!

in the middle no less, not from the engine firewall, but from the bottom of the driver seat!!

hahaha... must be driver too heavy leow... but seriously, either the door sill is bad or the bottom undercarriage is punctured and rain water is coming in man... carpet is wet. damn it... got to put newspapers in to soak up the wetness...

and aircon smell is back haha... heater, cooler, blaster... etc.... all the works again lor... sigh this car har... aside from these non-performance irritation... damn... shiok to drive la...

what else can i say...

I love my Turtle.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Dreams   Turtle Dreams - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turtle Dreams
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4