Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Performance Brake System

Go down 
+8
DaDude
darth vader
rOcH
bravo
eeee78
Foxbat
vic000
mcdss
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Performance Brake System Left_bar_bleue85/100Performance Brake System Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

Performance Brake System Empty
PostSubject: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05 2006, 14:37

bros... all talk about going faster and quicker (the two are not the same)

Not many really talked about slowing down and stopping...

After a few rounds up there... I realise that brakes are even more important than the 100bhp add on turbocharger...

Our simple brakes system consists of the following parts:

(1) Brake master pump

(2) Brake cable

(3) Brake pedal

(4) Brake hoses

(5) Brake fluid

(6) Brake caliper

(7) Brake pads

(Cool Brake rotors

these are linked to your SUSPENSIONS, RIMs and TYRES that together, in concert, form the system to slow/stop the vehicle.

Most of us seem only interested to change to a bigger rotor and caliper but want to get cheap pads....

or not change brake fluids when they change brake pads, etc.

The brakes system needs at least a concert of items to be changed to get 'upgraded' i.e. stop better, better modulation, stop faster...

Suggested upgrade of brake system:

(1) Braided Steel hoses

(2) Upgrade your brake fluid to dot4/600 standard

(3) higher temperature brake pads 500 for street use, occasional track oso ok... 800 for those who want to stop even better.

(4) bigger rotors.calipers provided they fit the ES Civic, but of higher than stock quality. Preludes are ok if you fully service them and replace all the rubber seals, ensure the moving parts are not worn, or ill-fitting.

(5) can also consider a better master brake pump although the current civic pump is adequate even for track...

Discussion is welcum here... evaluations and branding welcome.
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06 2006, 03:44

3800 for 6 pot wilwood, 310mm cross drilled and sloted 2 pc rotors. anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
Performance Brake System Left_bar_bleue85/100Performance Brake System Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06 2006, 11:30

wow... hmmm... our super 100bhp ES Civic may not move with all that weight... but it sure will stop...

it's a very very safe and very very chio mod!!!

What kind of brake pads will fit? Cheepest how much? what is the heat rating?

Can fit 0-800 degree and above pads? how much typically?

dun wan those 200-10000 degree ones... will crash in the car park when leaving for work ... down slope no brake!

geezuz!! I am starting to sound like another ES driver...

Regards,
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07 2006, 03:23

mcdss wrote:
wow... hmmm... our super 100bhp ES Civic may not move with all that weight... but it sure will stop...

it's a very very safe and very very chio mod!!!

What kind of brake pads will fit? Cheepest how much? what is the heat rating?

Can fit 0-800 degree and above pads? how much typically?

dun wan those 200-10000 degree ones... will crash in the car park when leaving for work ... down slope no brake!

geezuz!! I am starting to sound like another ES driver...

Regards,

bro, it's lighter than prelude brakes.
brake pads are many options. i just ordered 1 set, comes with 0-550 degree ebc pads.
3800 included pads and steel braided hose also
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07 2006, 14:32

sounds fantastic!

btw, with 6 pots brake caliper, what is the minimum size of rims to fit and 320mm rotor...

I suspect nothing smaller than a 17 inch rim ba...

cannot sprint leow ... only can track... but confirm very beautiful to look at...

personally saving money to get the Proj Miu calipers to fit the 262 rotors... and 800 degree pads... wif dot4/600 fluids... shud be enough for me... or the Brembos... if they have so small size hee hee hee...

bro vic, your car is super scary fast now le... one day must demo leow...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07 2006, 22:36

mcdss wrote:
sounds fantastic!

btw, with 6 pots brake caliper, what is the minimum size of rims to fit and 320mm rotor...

cannot sprint leow ... only can track... but confirm very beautiful to look at...

personally saving money to get the Proj Miu calipers to fit the 262 rotors... and 800 degree pads... wif dot4/600 fluids... shud be enough for me... or the Brembos... if they have so small size hee hee hee...

:D

hmm... wilwood dun have 320mm rotor, 310 and 330 only. 310 16 inch can clear
actually prelude brakes with 0-400 or 0-500 degree pads are good enough. unless u get the ceramic rotor, else i think rotor will wharp for such higher degrees.

my car fast? i didn't touch 100km/h for almost a month liao...
Back to top Go down
Foxbat
Idling
Idling
Foxbat

Number of posts : 214

My Garage
Ride: Honda Stream RN6
My Satisfaction Level:
Performance Brake System Left_bar_bleue5/10Performance Brake System Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08 2006, 01:17

vic000 wrote:
mcdss wrote:
sounds fantastic!

Very Happy

actually prelude brakes with 0-400 or 0-500 degree pads are good enough. unless u get the ceramic rotor, else i think rotor will wharp for such higher degrees.

ya lor, i can vouch tat. his car damn slow man. tongue
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08 2006, 08:24

vic000 wrote:
mcdss wrote:
sounds fantastic!

:D

U mean on reverse ah?
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08 2006, 16:49

No... Vic meant that he is running-in something very very awesome that needs some thousands of km to seat in properly and work out the kinks...

when he breaks the 100kmh barrier again, it will be wish a very very loud sound... like a very full fart...

Razz
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2006, 01:26

mcdss wrote:
No... Vic meant that he is running-in something very very awesome that needs some thousands of km to seat in properly and work out the kinks...

when he breaks the 100kmh barrier again, it will be wish a very very loud sound... like a very full fart...

:P

vtec roar not fart wor... no insulting hor:D

speeding kills, drive safely guys. but if u can speeding and safely, carry on:pirat:
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2006, 17:01

vic000 wrote:
mcdss wrote:

Razz

speeding kills, drive safely guys. but if u can speeding and safely, carry on:pirat:

bro vic...

where got insult? vtec roar will come in after the big farting sound ma... WHOOSH... like fart or not? those special farting sounds... Wink

i never insult one la... especially you... wait i kena from you dun wanna touch my car I die...
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2006, 02:31

mcdss wrote:
vic000 wrote:
mcdss wrote:

Razz

bro vic...

where got insult? vtec roar will come in after the big farting sound ma... WHOOSH... like fart or not? those special farting sounds... Wink

i never insult one la... especially you... wait i kena from you dun wanna touch my car I die...

joking lah, dun worry. i still dun understand the farting sound part?
u understand what i mean? no honda supposed to farting around:tongue:
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2006, 16:09

heh heh heh....
ok lor

Laughing
Back to top Go down
bravo
Idling
Idling

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 11:43

Some knowledge sharing info on our companys pdt.

For EG/EK/ES/FD
Pads : Hawk HPS (street performance) for all civic makes. Rated low dust low noise, Contains no abestos, Lead, Chromium, Cadmium or Antimony. 100% manufactured, tested, certified in USA
Rotors: BREMBO Sports disc, available for EG/EK/ES 4X100, 262mm only (high carbon cast iron rotors, choice of slotted or cross drilled)
Brake Hoses: Customised Steel hoses
Performance Brake System IMG_0059

Brembo High Performance Gran Turismo Kit (indent basis only) 4pistons front only.
Rotor: 315mm 1 piece High carbon brembo sports disc (choice of slotted or cross drilled disc)
Brake Hoses: Goodridge ss hoses
Brake pads: Brembo performance brake pads set

Performance Brake System IMG_2525

17 inch rims required
Performance Brake System IMG_2516
Back to top Go down
http://sgeastsiders.16.forumer.com/index.php
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17 2006, 21:56

bravo wrote:
Some knowledge sharing info on our companys pdt.

For EG/EK/ES/FD
Pads : Hawk HPS (street performance) for all civic makes. Rated low dust low noise, Contains no abestos, Lead, Chromium, Cadmium or Antimony. 100% manufactured, tested, certified in USA
Rotors: BREMBO Sports disc, available for EG/EK/ES 4X100, 262mm only (high carbon cast iron rotors, choice of slotted or cross drilled)
Brake Hoses: Customised Steel hoses
Performance Brake System IMG_0059

Brembo High Performance Gran Turismo Kit (indent basis only) 4pistons front only.
Rotor: 315mm 1 piece High carbon brembo sports disc (choice of slotted or cross drilled disc)
Brake Hoses: Goodridge ss hoses
Brake pads: Brembo performance brake pads set

Performance Brake System IMG_2525

17 inch rims required
Performance Brake System IMG_2516

any rotor for 282mm 4 x 100 pcd?
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19 2006, 02:52

yes. Ezzess. try MacWell. Cheep. slotted.
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19 2006, 22:08

mcdss wrote:
yes. Ezzess. try MacWell. Cheep. slotted.

That one i know already. Looking at more option to choose instead of having only one choice.

Frankly, don't like MacWell that much lol!
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19 2006, 22:09

By the way, bro mcdss, do you happen to know what is the differences between Dot 4 and Dot 6 (standard)?

Also the differences between Dot 4 and super Dot 4??? confused
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20 2006, 02:40

dunno if there is a dot 6 standard bro... only 5.1

I dun have the specs wif me at the moment.

but the ranking is as follows

dot3

dot4

dot5.1

dot4/600

the difference is that each grade has a higher temperature rating than the next. so where dot4/600 is concerned, you don't get to see it boil often on track, but you will see dot 5.1 boil itself dry on track...

normal car use, prolly you need only dot4.

but if you go cameron, or gentings, frazers' hill etc, you will need higher grade brake oils, and if you do repeated high speed braking like in a race track, you will need highest rating brake oil.

i'm on the dot4/600 now... the difference for normal braking is nothing short of 'wonderfully better'

no this is not a very technical way to answer your question. but i guess it it shud help you make a decision what brake fluid to change to when time comes to renew your brake fluids (at the change of new brake pads...)
Back to top Go down
bravo
Idling
Idling

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20 2006, 12:10

Roch,

R u referring to the prelude rotors where sme workshops drill extra holes to fit it in for ur prelude/DC2 setup? (original are 5 holes)

If yes, we have 282mm blanks for cash n carry only. We dun do modification for rotors.

*pre-order required as we dun keep stock

regards

ed.
Back to top Go down
http://sgeastsiders.16.forumer.com/index.php
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20 2006, 13:44

mcdss wrote:

dot3

dot4

dot5.1

dot4/600

the difference is that each grade has a higher temperature rating than the next. so where dot4/600 is concerned, you don't get to see it boil often on track, but you will see dot 5.1 boil itself dry on track...

but if you go cameron, or gentings, frazers' hill etc, you will need higher grade brake oils, and if you do repeated high speed braking like in a race track, you will need highest rating brake oil.

i'm on the dot4/600 now... the difference for normal braking is nothing short of 'wonderfully better'

no this is not a very technical way to answer your question. but i guess it it shud help you make a decision what brake fluid to change to when time comes to renew your brake fluids (at the change of new brake pads...)

Thanks just changed to Dot 4 for street use. Not ready for track yet lol!
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20 2006, 13:45

bravo wrote:
Roch,

R u referring to the prelude rotors where sme workshops drill extra holes to fit it in for ur prelude/DC2 setup? (original are 5 holes)

If yes, we have 282mm blanks for cash n carry only. We dun do modification for rotors.

*pre-order required as we dun keep stock

regards

ed.

I'm having prelude brake on my car. Am looking for direct fit 4 x 100 pcd 282mm rotor. Prefer not re-drill.
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Performance Brake System Left_bar_bleue0/0Performance Brake System Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 14:27

rOcH wrote:
mcdss wrote:

dot3

dot4

dot5.1

dot4/600

WW 2 piece rotors lah. mai tu liao.....Twisted Evil lightweight, relatively cheap n confirmed gd! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:
Performance Brake System Left_bar_bleue0/0Performance Brake System Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 14:42

darth vader wrote:
rOcH wrote:
mcdss wrote:

dot3

dot4

dot5.1

dot4/600

WW 2 piece rotors lah. mai tu liao.....Twisted Evil lightweight, relatively cheap n confirmed gd! Twisted Evil

MTL... rOcH... swee swee bruther DV lai poison ... where to finddd... kekekekeke.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 14:46

DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:
rOcH wrote:
mcdss wrote:

dot3

dot4

dot5.1

dot4/600

MTL... rOcH... swee swee bruther DV lai poison ... where to finddd... kekekekeke.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

call joel nw...mai tu liao....afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance Brake System   Performance Brake System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance Brake System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next