Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Empty
PostSubject: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 00:37

not a race but as fight for a carpark lot!

Getz saw a lot at Wheellocl Place car park. moved ahead with hazard light on while the csr in the lot moved out. Along came a Black Audi Avant driven by an Ang Mo and his wife. and in the tradition of all foreigners except singaporeans, drove into the lot head first.

Getz uncle of course damn pissed. came out of the car and started screaming. but due to poor English proficiency, the couple seem like either they are damn frigging unreasonable or couldn't understand and kept screaming back "no" to him.

Getz driver lose his cool and kicked the avant's rear. ang mo shocked pushed the uncle and took out handphone - seem like wanna call police. and then a security guard who try to mediate the incident.

when the incident first caught my attention at first glance it seem like the uncle behaved like a hooligan and was being a bully. but on watching the incident unfold, he was probably driven to loose control as this alien do not want to conform to our local culture. ( think HSBC advertisements).

just because the uncle drives a cheaper car, has probably lower education or at least less proficient at English, and doesn't dress well doesn't mean he doesn't have his rights.

many times owners of cheaper makes holds alot of angst and these can be reflected thru their road behaviour. like not giving way, horn for prolonged periods, and being their normal assholes .... after seeing this incident, I felt that I learn something new and may want toemphatise with the typical kiasu singaporeans sometimes.

nobody wanna be shortchanged especially when it is plain bullying but the rest of the world doesn't see eye to eye with the kiasu person just because he or she may be less educated, less swave, les glam or less articulate. Suspect
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Left_bar_bleue0/0Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 01:37

hmmm.....very familiar scenerio....except tt this time, its an ang moh parking nose in. i would gv the ang moh the benefit of doubt, becuz having stayed o/s for 3+ yrs, i'd say tt most, if not all of their parking lots r designed to be parked nose in...so in this case, it was probbly out of habit more than anthing else....if it was a SG-rean, it would most prob b a case of kiasu-ism. as for the getz uncle, he has every right to be pissed off, BUT he shd not hv kicked the Audi. granted tt it may not be his fault for not being able to converse w the ang moh, but tt does not mean he can kick the audi. n tt action could be interpretated as road rage. for all u know, tt ang moh may hv taken dwn the uncle's plate number n filed a report to the local authorities....n we all know wat the outcome will be.....silent
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 09:39

quite sure the angmo had done that. he doesn't seem the kind who'd let go easily.

but the wife's incessant screaming No no no is really irritating Very Happy

and with regard to the road rage - ues it's poor situation control and probably ignorance that caused him to lose with a potentially good hand at first.
Back to top Go down
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-02

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Left_bar_bleue0/0Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 09:58

The morale of the story is... Whatever you do, don't touch the other party. One could be damn pissed with the a**h**e. But once you touch him, you will be at his mercy. There are plenty of a**h**es, it's just not worth it.

Well, I could be typing logically now. But if something happen, I pray that I can keep my cool.
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 10:34

ilkcirtap wrote:
The morale of the story is... Whatever you do, don't touch the other party. One could be damn pissed with the a**h**e. But once you touch him, you will be at his mercy. There are plenty of a**h**es, it's just not worth it.

Well, I could be typing logically now. But if something happen, I pray that I can keep my cool.

hahaha we're only human Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 12:41

ilkcirtap wrote:

Same here bro... I might not have the refrain like the uncle... by kicking the car but prolly the buggers balls.. I hope I have the calmness to think straight than... No
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15 2006, 14:21

sigh, there is no justice. the police only gives a shit if a crime is committed. otherwise, these nipple-9 folks are only good for clerical shit like anwering forum letters and handling loss of ic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark   Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyundai Getz vs Audi Avant @ Wheelock Carpark
Page 1 of 1