Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bicycles on Roads

Go down 
+4
ilkcirtap
eeee78
rOcH
Rookie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Bicycles on Roads Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Bicycles on Roads Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20 2006, 12:19

Now this is food for thought.

it had been raining cat shit and dog pooh for days and the road is wet and slippery. our visibility is really reliant on the street lights, our head lights and our wipers. and it doesn't help with raindrops reflection on your windscreen, water on rear windscreen ( for those who doesn't have rear wiper), water on side mirror and water reflection on road and also water puddles.

all these are what we can: ingredients for disaster.

saw at Boon Lay Way junction a lorry and a getz stopped with an ambulance in front. on closer inspecytion, saw a group of person - presumably taking statement and a broken bicycle. the cyclist must have rode out too much and got rammed by the lorry on the leftmost lane and casued the cyclist to swing out to the next lane and then the getz rammed him/her too.

or another scenario is that the cyclist got rammed by both cars as he was really too far out due to losing balance etc ...

now the problem is this - i saw many other cyclist along Boon lay and Jurong areas - very likely PRCs and Jurong workers who hads the habit of cycling about their neighborhood. trhesefolks do not have any illumination and if they have raincloat on, it's usually balck colour! coupled with the above ingredients for disaster. and walah!!! u have the perfect disaster in a small town.

many more of such incident will happen as long as these cyclist do not take precaution.

the question then would be, if a driver rammeddown a cyclisat who has no concern for his/her own safety and it can be proven, should the driver be charged? and if the cyclist die, should the driver be charge for for a more serious offence?

what repsonsinbility should the cyclist bear then, why not be more strict with the already enforced law on them?

king
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2006, 12:10

cyclists shouldn't be riding their bicycle on the road. Too dangerous for other roads users and themselves.

Some cyclists really think that the road belong to them and all vehicles have to give way to them when they are cycling.

Haiz Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22 2006, 08:55

Raining season

Please drive with extra caution!
Back to top Go down
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-02

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Bicycles on Roads Left_bar_bleue0/0Bicycles on Roads Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22 2006, 09:08

Some of them don't even stop when the traffic light is red. Shocked
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22 2006, 14:49

if they show total disregard for their own safey, then y shd i bother....having said tt, a blast fm my quadruple stebels usually does the trick......lol!
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22 2006, 18:35

They din even pay rd tax lor!
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 22:18

eeee78 wrote:
They din even pay rd tax lor!

tt's y the r the biggest fark mah! nvr pay rd tax but cycle on the rd! Violent Violent Violent
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2006, 09:39

During my younger days, cyclist cld not ride on roads unless they got license to do so... Maybe they shd impose that regulation again... They flaunt rules and give you dirty looks, when you warn them, you are behind them, like bro DV does it, quadrupel stebels and all...hehehehe... I got some giving me the finger when I horn them and flash em... and guess what>>>? They are going towards traffic!!! Evil or Very Mad An accident waiting to happen! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
My Satisfaction Level:
Bicycles on Roads Left_bar_bleue85/100Bicycles on Roads Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2006, 16:41

To answer the original question, the answer is 'the driver is responsible'

Technicals: The cyclist is a 'pedestrian' on a non-powered vehicle. same like a non-motorised wheelchair, or elderly person on walking stick, skateboarders, foot-scooter riders, roller-bladers/rollerskaters.

So all motorised vehicles give way to non motorised pedestrians...

that is the general rule. unless that guy has proven to be drunk (blood tests, witnesses, etc) or suicidal (with suicide note, testimonials from investigations, etc, showing he probably deliberately jumped in front of the moving vehicle), the driver will probably be held responsible and liable through his 3rd party insurance.

If driver was drunk, or medically/physically unfit to operate machinery - on medication stating such warnings, etc. then he becomes chargable for negligence etc.

If driver was senior citizen, has failing eyesight, etc. the doctor who certified him fit to drive may also get into trouble...

so the odds are stacked against the driver in most cases.. we cannot prove pedestrian STUPIDITY... unless you happen to be videotaping your drive and video tapped the whole incident... that would become admissible as evidence...

I'd always wanted to mount a black box with video capture to record the speed and visuals and other engine specifications ... but the cost incurred would not be justifiable at this time... it more probably incriminate me more for going above natioanl speed limits occasionally etc hahaha...
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2006, 23:18

DaDude wrote:
During my younger days, cyclist cld not ride on roads unless they got license to do so... Maybe they shd impose that regulation again... They flaunt rules and give you dirty looks, when you warn them, you are behind them, like bro DV does it, quadrupel stebels and all...hehehehe... I got some giving me the finger when I horn them and flash em... and guess what>>>? They are going towards traffic!!! Evil or Very Mad An accident waiting to happen! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

no nid to gv chance...jus horn their asses off the road.....unless its elderly or kids...else....TAKE NO PRISONERS! Violent Violent Violent
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 09:45

darth vader wrote:
DaDude wrote:

no nid to gv chance...jus horn their asses off the road.....unless its elderly or kids...else....TAKE NO PRISONERS! Violent Violent Violent

Steady... will give em the DV special.. but with my dual Airhorn stebels instead!!!Violent Violent Violent geek
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
Bicycles on Roads Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Bicycles on Roads Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 16:48

mcdss wrote:
To answer the original question, the answer is 'the driver is responsible'

Technicals: The cyclist is a 'pedestrian' on a non-powered vehicle. same like a non-motorised wheelchair, or elderly person on walking stick, skateboarders, foot-scooter riders, roller-bladers/rollerskaters.

So all motorised vehicles give way to non motorised pedestrians...

that is the general rule. unless that guy has proven to be drunk (blood tests, witnesses, etc) or suicidal (with suicide note, testimonials from investigations, etc, showing he probably deliberately jumped in front of the moving vehicle), the driver will probably be held responsible and liable through his 3rd party insurance.

If driver was drunk, or medically/physically unfit to operate machinery - on medication stating such warnings, etc. then he becomes chargable for negligence etc.

If driver was senior citizen, has failing eyesight, etc. the doctor who certified him fit to drive may also get into trouble...

so the odds are stacked against the driver in most cases.. we cannot prove pedestrian STUPIDITY... unless you happen to be videotaping your drive and video tapped the whole incident... that would become admissible as evidence...

I'd always wanted to mount a black box with video capture to record the speed and visuals and other engine specifications ... but the cost incurred would not be justifiable at this time... it more probably incriminate me more for going above natioanl speed limits occasionally etc hahaha...

heheh we are talking about commooin law here?

anyways there are common law files that state a pedestrian was knocked down by a car but the exact spot of the accident was in the middle line of a 2 way road. and the pedestrian will be pinalise for jaywalking and also being a hazard to road users - aka motorist.

another case, this car reverse and ram down a woman. anyone remember the outcome? if i remember correctly the driver was not fully penalised even though the pedestrian suffered heavy injury.

my take is that if a bike is in the middle of a road with no illunination, even if he is rammed down, the pedestrian will not get much redress or compensation.
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Number of posts : 52

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2007, 16:17

oh rookie don't we love these hate topics... like skinheads (the ones in germany, not those on Get Real) torching turkish immigrants for fun, cyclists inspire disdain and hatred in drivers and pedestrians alike. we are in agreement on this: bikers must go!

elitist or whatever, it does sadden me to see these guys lying under a truck; that bit of human empathy is not beyond me. but do think of these people ploughing into pregies and the aged. won't be a pretty picture. in general, the indians generally go slower, while the china man... don't know from kungfu diet or money lenders after their tail, they go full speed on pavements, and hiss angrily if u're in their way. should be shot.
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2007, 10:25

hmmmm u seem to hate more than u love bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2007, 16:35

sf wrote:
oh rookie don't we love these hate topics... like skinheads (the ones in germany, not those on Get Real) torching turkish immigrants for fun, cyclists inspire disdain and hatred in drivers and pedestrians alike. we are in agreement on this: bikers must go!

elitist or whatever, it does sadden me to see these guys lying under a truck; that bit of human empathy is not beyond me. but do think of these people ploughing into pregies and the aged. won't be a pretty picture. in general, the indians generally go slower, while the china man... don't know from kungfu diet or money lenders after their tail, they go full speed on pavements, and hiss angrily if u're in their way. should be shot.

afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15 2007, 15:29

can one hate more than love? interesting question... i seriously don't know. i thought hatred for something arises (at least in part) from love for another. Like conservation of energy... lots of plus and minus forces but they all add up to fixed amount (zero, i think) when u consider the whole universe... talking rubbish sorry
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15 2007, 21:07

sf wrote:
can one hate more than love? interesting question... i seriously don't know. i thought hatred for something arises (at least in part) from love for another. Like conservation of energy... lots of plus and minus forces but they all add up to fixed amount (zero, i think) when u consider the whole universe... talking rubbish sorry

well i dun think it's that simple. I love a certain girl more than I hate her. but she doesn't know anything about the love and hate. how's that for a start?
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2007, 17:05

the more u love her, the more her habit of jogging at night around her estate bothers u, the more u're peeved that she can't for the life of her, believe that the other guys being firendly and helpful just wanna have happy time with her. the more u value hard work and thrift, the more u feel like torching layabouts and good-for-nothings.
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2007, 17:10

sf wrote:
the more u love her, the more her habit of jogging at night around her estate bothers u, the more u're peeved that she can't for the life of her, believe that the other guys being firendly and helpful just wanna have happy time with her. the more u value hard work and thrift, the more u feel like torching layabouts and good-for-nothings.

err the equation's getting complicated leh. but i can see u adding up all the love and hate of diff people. .... that's how u equate the numbers .... albino
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2007, 12:33

they do the same thing in physics... and accountancy, apparently...
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2007, 17:17

then how do u explain tt if u spend say 10 years in a refugee camp where everyone is nasty. u end up hating everyone and everyone hates you. then "where is the love" ~ Black Eye Pea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2007, 11:01

how i know. can't find doesn't mean don't have...

Rookie wrote:
then how do u explain tt if u spend say 10 years in a refugee camp where everyone is nasty. u end up hating everyone and everyone hates you. then "where is the love" ~ Black Eye Pea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bicycles on Roads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bicycles on Roads   Bicycles on Roads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bicycles on Roads
Page 1 of 1