Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Bilstein Shock B8 on ES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Dec 29 2006, 06:37



The is the front B8 installed on ES.
The part number is as follows:
Front Left: VE-B531-H0
Front Right: VE-B532-H0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Dec 29 2006, 07:00



This is the rear B8 on ES.
The part number is VE-B424-H0


Last edited by rOcH on Fri Dec 29 2006, 07:06; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Dec 29 2006, 07:02

In my personal opinion, i would rate the B8 as comfortable shocks. Travelling on some uneven road surface, i can't feel much roughness as i used to feel when on original shocks with Eibach Pro kit.

I'm pretty impress with the comfort level, the B8 is providing. So i guess, my family members which i often ferry, especially my OC will not be giving me negative feedback Wink

On straight road (slight uneven), travelling at speed of 100km/hr - 120km/hr, the car remain stable and not bouncy (Those who changed to after-market lowering spring on stock shocks will understand more). Have not try higher speed yet as weather doesn't permit yesterday Neutral

Reduction in body roll is not significantly felt as compared to sitting on vehicles installed with coilover or after putting up bigger ARBs. But much improvement against shock shocks. Similar, due to weather, can't really provide feedback on how the shock perform on corners.

This is the limited feedback, i can provide for just using this shock for 1 day Suspect Laughing .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling


Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-02

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Dec 29 2006, 10:18

Bro, what's the damage? What spring are you using?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Dec 29 2006, 17:50

ilkcirtap wrote:
Bro, what's the damage? What spring are you using?

Spring - I'm using Eibach Pro Kit

Damage - The current market price is around $800 without GST. Mine was bought on group buy basis and is slightly below $800.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Dec 29 2006, 18:03

As mention above, i will only rate this Bilstein B8 as comfortable shock which is suitable for normal street use for the moment.

The B8 is not hard enough for serious hard cornering. To me, it is balanced between comfort and performance (too hard). Serious user may even feel that it is soft! geek

If you're looking at some serious performance shocks/after-market suspension, you got to go for coilover.

What i felt is the plus point of B8 is that the overall weight (2 x front & 2 x rear) is much lighter compared to the original shocks (without spring).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling


Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-02

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Wed Jan 03 2007, 09:24

rOcH wrote:

Spring - I'm using Eibach Pro Kit

Damage - The current market price is around $800 without GST. Mine was bought on group buy basis and is slightly below $800.

Thanks for the info.. Is it damping adjustable? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Thu Jan 04 2007, 23:18

ilkcirtap wrote:
rOcH wrote:

Spring - I'm using Eibach Pro Kit

Damage - The current market price is around $800 without GST. Mine was bought on group buy basis and is slightly below $800.

Thanks for the info.. Is it damping adjustable? Smile

FYI, it is not damping adjustable. It is just a normal shock. Fit and forget type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling


Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-02

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Jan 05 2007, 09:13

Thanks for the info. Will consider it when my Koni is gone.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sfk7
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Wed Jan 10 2007, 19:17

bro,

interested to know which group buy did u join and is it still available?

cant stand the bounciness anymore and some forummer suspect that it could be my shocks is gone.

how is bilstein compared to kyb?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Jan 12 2007, 00:25

sfk7 wrote:
bro,

interested to know which group buy did u join and is it still available?

cant stand the bounciness anymore and some forummer suspect that it could be my shocks is gone.

how is bilstein compared to kyb?

Sorry, that group buy closed long ago. I wait for this set of shock for quite some time also.

I'm sorry but i have not use KYB before hence can't really compare. After one week + of usage, the B8 seems to harden abit as compared to the first few days.

May be it is my tire pressure. I'm not so sure at the moment silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 979
Age : 109
Location : Somewhere... out there...
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
85/100  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Sun Jan 14 2007, 16:19

now that your shocks have settled in, how high is your ride?

rear and front how many fingers?

btw you using 15 or 16 inch rims? what's your tyre profile? these info will give good gauge on the actual height of the car with the Eibach Pro kit and bilstien shocks.

quite itchy to get the bilstiens... but also torn to get the Tien Basic... which is also fit and forget (considering it's hight adjustable but extremely troublesome to adjust it up and down...)

I'd adjust it to 2.5 fingers all round to clear local kerbs and survive humps... on 15 inch rims, 205/50 aspec tyres. Actually, my pro kit is already around 2.5 fingers in front... but 1.5 at the back... already hitting humps and kerbs if not careful...maybe the stock shocks are indeed going soon...

...


any bros on KYB out there? care to share?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Mon Jan 15 2007, 08:29

mcdss wrote:
now that your shocks have settled in, how high is your ride?

rear and front how many fingers?

btw you using 15 or 16 inch rims? what's your tyre profile? these info will give good gauge on the actual height of the car with the Eibach Pro kit and bilstien shocks.

quite itchy to get the bilstiens... but also torn to get the Tien Basic... which is also fit and forget (considering it's hight adjustable but extremely troublesome to adjust it up and down...)

I'd adjust it to 2.5 fingers all round to clear local kerbs and survive humps... on 15 inch rims, 205/50 aspec tyres. Actually, my pro kit is already around 2.5 fingers in front... but 1.5 at the back... already hitting humps and kerbs if not careful...maybe the stock shocks are indeed going soon...

...


any bros on KYB out there? care to share?

Plenty of questions to answer, so here it goes...

1. Currently, i'm having a balance gap for front and rear. Using my fingers scratch it is around 2~2.5. If you are also using eibach pro kit, you got to check your part number. If your rear is lower than the front, probably you got the coupe lowering spring. You can refer to eibach website for the part number for confirmation.

2. I'm on 16". Tyre profile if i'm remember correctly should be 205, 55, R16. The height profile (not wheel gap) is similar to original from what i see. Never measure thou.

3. When i'm on pro kit with original, i also faced the same problem, but i guess my situation is slightly better than my rear is 2.5.

4. My own opinion for height adjustable only coilover is that, often once you are fine with the height adjustment, you are unlikely to touch that again. Since i can achieve the gap of my desire and able to clear most of the humps with the pro kit. Height adjustable is not necessary for me. With damping adjustable, reaching to adjust the rear will be a problem as it is not as accessible compare to the front. Also, to me setting dampering is another level Embarassed so i dun need that too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Sat Jan 27 2007, 01:08

For the benefit of those who may be interested in the Eibach pro kit lowering spring for ES. This is the part number for it.

10-40-001-01-22

There will be stamping on the spring itself and this is the info
11-40-001-01-VA
11-40-001-01-HA

Have doubt in the above information? Suspect Laughing Refer to Eibach official website sunny

http://www.eibach.de/frame.inc.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyper_dash
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2006-11-23

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
7/10  (7/10)

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Sat Jan 27 2007, 09:20

rOcH wrote:
For the benefit of those who may be interested in the Eibach pro kit lowering spring for ES. This is the part number for it.

10-40-001-01-22

There will be stamping on the spring itself and this is the info
11-40-001-01-VA
11-40-001-01-HA

Have doubt in the above information? Suspect Laughing Refer to Eibach official website sunny

http://www.eibach.de/frame.inc.php

Which shop sells + install the springs? and how much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Sat Jan 27 2007, 11:00

hyper_dash wrote:
rOcH wrote:
For the benefit of those who may be interested in the Eibach pro kit lowering spring for ES. This is the part number for it.

10-40-001-01-22

There will be stamping on the spring itself and this is the info
11-40-001-01-VA
11-40-001-01-HA

Have doubt in the above information? Suspect Laughing Refer to Eibach official website sunny

http://www.eibach.de/frame.inc.php

Which shop sells + install the springs? and how much?

Thats a tough one.
Which shop sells ~ Unsure, can go ubi and ask around. Ready stock or not hard to say.

If the shop sells the spring, they will install the spring. Usually, when purchasing brand new aftermarket spring, installation is included in the pricing. Nonetheless, ASK before purchase to ensure installation is included otherwise any workshop can do installation for a market fee of $80.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Es5
Idling
Idling
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-15

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Bilstien   Mon Sep 10 2007, 15:55

Hi all Es bro,have anybody use b4 bilstien coilover model B12? any comments on it? Question How much lower if i'm using 15'rim? Issit looks good on it? Please do advise...tks alot ! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Mon Sep 10 2007, 22:27

Es5 wrote:
Hi all Es bro,have anybody use b4 bilstien coilover model B12? any comments on it? Question How much lower if i'm using 15'rim? Issit looks good on it? Please do advise...tks alot ! Wink

I think there is one ES on B12. But can't recall who he is ... may be change car liao also.

How much lower do you want to drop? If really want to know the answer, i think better ask justin (Bilstein sales person).

Look good? IMO, lesser gap between the wheel arc area is nice What a Face

Comment? Street use or track use?
Track, haven't go with B8 yet, so no comment. For street usage, B12 should have the same characteristic of B8. Hence, it will be firmer than stock. Don't expect after putting on you can corner like nobody business. It is not the same as performance coilover. It doesn't reduce the body roll much and remain similar to stock shock characteristic.

What more do you want to know???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Es5
Idling
Idling
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-15

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Wed Sep 12 2007, 14:04

Thanks rOcH bro for all the ans...i think tat all i need to know about it. Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Fri Sep 14 2007, 05:57

You're welcomed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   Thu Nov 01 2007, 11:09

Brought the B8 with pro kit combo on sepang track recently (29th oct). This combo met my expectation. It holds well on the corners and i'm pretty satisfied with the combo performance in high speed cornering as well as the road trip toward SIC.

However, when compared to the coilovers, it does pale in comparison if one is more demanding.

This combo is currently able to satisfy and balanced my need between street usage and occassional tracking.

It may be put on the re-mod list soon Laughing Laughing (I hope not👅 )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bilstein Shock B8 on ES   

Back to top Go down
 
Bilstein Shock B8 on ES
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Shock Adjustments
» Fox shock adjustment
» RZR shock towers Bending
» Rzr S Sachs Shock
» shock adjustment

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team ES Singapore :: Highly Intellectual Reference & Applied Technical Issues :: Performance Tuning-
Jump to: