Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 ARB...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Sat Jun 16 2007, 16:32

Fit sure can go in. But whether it can fit prefectly is another issue.

Not point putting up something that may compromise safety when you're doing high-speed turning.

Xiaonick has mentioned before our rear end-link cost around $100+. Not very expensive to replace when broken but you don't know when it will fail you that is the problem.

Upgrading arb is still the bang of buck upgrade for handling imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Sat Jun 16 2007, 20:32

rOcH wrote:
Fit sure can go in. But whether it can fit prefectly is another issue.

Not point putting up something that may compromise safety when you're doing high-speed turning.

Xiaonick has mentioned before our rear end-link cost around $100+. Not very expensive to replace when broken but you don't know when it will fail you that is the problem.

Upgrading arb is still the bang of buck upgrade for handling imo.
no probs on track with damn hard cornering... endlinks look fine... If you are afraid the end links will be damaged, weld the bloody thing on than... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Sun Jun 17 2007, 09:37

DaDude wrote:
rOcH wrote:
Fit sure can go in. But whether it can fit prefectly is another issue.

Not point putting up something that may compromise safety when you're doing high-speed turning.

Xiaonick has mentioned before our rear end-link cost around $100+. Not very expensive to replace when broken but you don't know when it will fail you that is the problem.

Upgrading arb is still the bang of buck upgrade for handling imo.
no probs on track with damn hard cornering... endlinks look fine... If you are afraid the end links will be damaged, weld the bloody thing on than... Twisted Evil

No problem at the time being. Doesn't mean it will not give way in time to come. Which some bros in malaysia already experienced. You may want to refer back to SHC as there is a topic discussed on that sometime back.

This is the pic of DC5R 22mm rear ARB installed on ES5.


This is the pic of stock ES5 rear ARB on ES5.


I don't think you can reinforce the screw of the end-link connecting the ARB. The profile is difference and the 22mm ARB is pressing down on the end-link.

Big problem? Not sure, as i'm inexperience on track and a broken end-link. However, some bros had and they shared their experience. Refer to civicfd forum, they have warning on aftermarket 22mm arb broke the endlink with pics. However, that case happened in US/Canada.

How dangerous a broken end-link can't be measure as there are too many factors come in play. Driver experience, location, speed etc. Who can be totally right or wrong in this matter.

Well, may be there isn't any issue at all, with or without ARB. The handling of the car doesn't just depend on the small end-link and arb, as it is not the key component to handling.

I'm just being KS Laughing But the choice is yours.
Happy modding and tracking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Sun Jun 17 2007, 12:50

rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
rOcH wrote:
Fit sure can go in. But whether it can fit prefectly is another issue.

Not point putting up something that may compromise safety when you're doing high-speed turning.

Xiaonick has mentioned before our rear end-link cost around $100+. Not very expensive to replace when broken but you don't know when it will fail you that is the problem.

Upgrading arb is still the bang of buck upgrade for handling imo.
no probs on track with damn hard cornering... endlinks look fine... If you are afraid the end links will be damaged, weld the bloody thing on than... Twisted Evil

No problem at the time being. Doesn't mean it will not give way in time to come. Which some bros in malaysia already experienced. You may want to refer back to SHC as there is a topic discussed on that sometime back.

This is the pic of DC5R 22mm rear ARB installed on ES5.


This is the pic of stock ES5 rear ARB on ES5.


I don't think you can reinforce the screw of the end-link connecting the ARB. The profile is difference and the 22mm ARB is pressing down on the end-link.

Big problem? Not sure, as i'm inexperience on track and a broken end-link. However, some bros had and they shared their experience. Refer to civicfd forum, they have warning on aftermarket 22mm arb broke the endlink with pics. However, that case happened in US/Canada.

How dangerous a broken end-link can't be measure as there are too many factors come in play. Driver experience, location, speed etc. Who can be totally right or wrong in this matter.

Well, may be there isn't any issue at all, with or without ARB. The handling of the car doesn't just depend on the small end-link and arb, as it is not the key component to handling.

I'm just being KS Laughing But the choice is yours.
Happy modding and tracking!
Which means if you hardly or never track... having a ARB shd not be a issue than... but than again if you are KS, than stick to stock... "Mods are for peeps who know they are pushing the limits of a sedan" If you no the outcome... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Mon Jun 18 2007, 00:01

DaDude wrote:
Which means if you hardly or never track... having a ARB shd not be a issue than... but than again if you are KS, than stick to stock... "Mods are for peeps who know they are pushing the limits of a sedan" If you no the outcome... Wink Laughing

if you do not ferry full load in your car then you should be all right with the upgraded ARB, period.

We got a bro who broke his rear end-link locally when he had full load in his car nego a slight bend at 60km/hr when it broke. That's why he put up the warning message to the rest.

I've revert back to stock, and i have to say, i miss the performance level of the upgraded rear ARB Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Mon Jun 18 2007, 01:34

rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
Which means if you hardly or never track... having a ARB shd not be a issue than... but than again if you are KS, than stick to stock... "Mods are for peeps who know they are pushing the limits of a sedan" If you no the outcome... Wink Laughing

if you do not ferry full load in your car then you should be all right with the upgraded ARB, period.

We got a bro who broke his rear end-link locally when he had full load in his car nego a slight bend at 60km/hr when it broke. That's why he put up the warning message to the rest.

I've revert back to stock, and i have to say, i miss the performance level of the upgraded rear ARB Sleep
If you see my family you'd understand... think the bugger must have already weekend endlinks or might have damaged them on the fitting of the ARB..

Anyways gonna move this thread.. with respect to clemz's WTS...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Mon Jun 18 2007, 11:03

Sure Wink

Actually that bro is not on any after-market coilover or shock. He is on stock shock with lower spring (tanabe NF210, rear lower than front). That i think that also contribute to the stress on the end-link especially so when he has full load.

Different cars different configuration, different mods. Very difficult to conclude. Just raise the awareness, upgrade the wrong profile of arb may cause your end-link to break. Decision is up to individual.

Smoking may get you lung cancer. But the doesn't mean you confirm will get lung cancer if you smoke. On the other hand, it doesn't mean if you don't smoke you won't get lung cancer! scratch geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahren
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 554
Age : 41
Location : North East
Registration date : 2006-10-20

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
88888888/100000000  (88888888/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Mon Jun 18 2007, 12:16

hmmm... i was on cusco ARB before, very heavy... but actually IMO, the cusco performs better den my current EP3 ARB...

But i still like ARB feel, bo bian...

I have forgotten abt the end-links problem... maybe shld also check abit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Tue Jun 19 2007, 01:42

ahren wrote:
hmmm... i was on cusco ARB before, very heavy... but actually IMO, the cusco performs better den my current EP3 ARB...

But i still like ARB feel, bo bian...

I have forgotten abt the end-links problem... maybe shld also check abit...

How you manage to get EP3 rear ARB?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahren
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 554
Age : 41
Location : North East
Registration date : 2006-10-20

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
88888888/100000000  (88888888/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Tue Jun 19 2007, 09:52

rOcH wrote:
ahren wrote:
hmmm... i was on cusco ARB before, very heavy... but actually IMO, the cusco performs better den my current EP3 ARB...

But i still like ARB feel, bo bian...

I have forgotten abt the end-links problem... maybe shld also check abit...

How you manage to get EP3 rear ARB?

From TS... cheap n good enuff!

It was last piece, one guy reserved but never pick up after 3 months... i got at a good deal! hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Wed Jun 20 2007, 14:59

ahren wrote:
rOcH wrote:
ahren wrote:
hmmm... i was on cusco ARB before, very heavy... but actually IMO, the cusco performs better den my current EP3 ARB...

But i still like ARB feel, bo bian...

I have forgotten abt the end-links problem... maybe shld also check abit...

How you manage to get EP3 rear ARB?

From TS... cheap n good enuff!

It was last piece, one guy reserved but never pick up after 3 months... i got at a good deal! hehe

what is the size of EP3 rear ARB?
Can disclose how much you got it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahren
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 554
Age : 41
Location : North East
Registration date : 2006-10-20

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
88888888/100000000  (88888888/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Wed Jun 20 2007, 17:32

rOcH wrote:
ahren wrote:
rOcH wrote:
ahren wrote:
hmmm... i was on cusco ARB before, very heavy... but actually IMO, the cusco performs better den my current EP3 ARB...

But i still like ARB feel, bo bian...

I have forgotten abt the end-links problem... maybe shld also check abit...

How you manage to get EP3 rear ARB?

From TS... cheap n good enuff!

It was last piece, one guy reserved but never pick up after 3 months... i got at a good deal! hehe

what is the size of EP3 rear ARB?
Can disclose how much you got it?

Can la... 100 bucks... think is 22mm as told by Anthony...

He has another front ARB 25.4mm ES JDM version... tat time his offer for me to take both at 200 bucks... but i din wanna a front ARB! Heh Heh... he told me if bought separately... the price is $120
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rOcH
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: ARB...   Thu Jun 21 2007, 17:19

That is a better price i got from group buy.

Hope TS has another EP3 rear ARB Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ARB...   

Back to top Go down
 
ARB...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team ES Singapore :: Highly Intellectual Reference & Applied Technical Issues :: Performance Tuning-
Jump to: