Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

smelly aircon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
siao
Idling
Idling
siao

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2006-12-15

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic ES5
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
smelly aircon Left_bar_bleue100/10smelly aircon Empty_bar_bleue  (100/10)

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2007, 18:34

hi guys, wondering if the aircon in ya ride smelled cos mine like sweaty smell....so embarassing when picking up clients...well...doesn't happens all the time...went MarkCool(pple tell me they are good) in woodlands...they say since it doesnt matters all the time, they can't really help me....and say nowadays new cars mostly liddat...car gonna be 3 years old soon still new meh?? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2007, 22:35

Common problem in our ES.

Plenty of bros expericed this minor problem before. No concluded methods are totally remove the smell, but some have found solutions from preventing the build up of the smell in the air-con vents.
Back to top Go down
siao
Idling
Idling
siao

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 02:14

rOcH wrote:
Common problem in our ES.

Plenty of bros expericed this minor problem before. No concluded methods are totally remove the smell, but some have found solutions from preventing the build up of the smell in the air-con vents.

got solutions arh???share leh Razz
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
smelly aircon Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000smelly aircon Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 10:42

only thing for me is when got client in my car I will switch the airflow switch to non circulation before moving off

the sour smell will then be diluted by the new air coming thru.

or do this whenever u smell the first tinge of sour stench and after some time it will be minimised quite permenantly.

mine don't have this prob recently.

oh and try not to have too much air freshener in the car, the bulit-up of stale "frangrance" may also be a cause of the sour smell eventually.

from personal observation.
Back to top Go down
ahren
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
ahren

Male
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2006-10-20

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
smelly aircon Left_bar_bleue88888888/100000000smelly aircon Empty_bar_bleue  (88888888/100000000)

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 11:01

Agree on the part, damn paiseh when i have clients/colleagues in the car...

But as usually, it happens once in awhile... once u smell it, turn your air-con set-temp and fan speed to highest until hot air blows out from the vent for abt 1 min, when no more foul smell in the car... switch them back to normal again.

So far, after doing this whenever i have the problem... very rarely have this problem already. Hope it works for you too.
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:
smelly aircon Left_bar_bleue0/0smelly aircon Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 11:41

ahren wrote:

But as usually, it happens once in awhile... once u smell it, turn your air-con set-temp and fan speed to highest until hot air blows out from the vent for abt 1 min, when no more foul smell in the car... switch them back to normal again.

So far, after doing this whenever i have the problem... very rarely have this problem already. Hope it works for you too.
The AIRCON King Speaketh... Wahaha... lol!
Back to top Go down
siao
Idling
Idling
siao

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 14:25

so i'm not the only one...tot i have such bad B.O. hahaha

will try the methods u guys recommend...thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
ahren
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
ahren

Male
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2006-10-20

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
My Satisfaction Level:
smelly aircon Left_bar_bleue88888888/100000000smelly aircon Empty_bar_bleue  (88888888/100000000)

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2007, 17:16

DaDude wrote:
ahren wrote:

The AIRCON King Speaketh... Wahaha... lol!

WAHAHAHA.. nbz alvin...u damn knn! Even i nv think of tat, air-con man drive a car with air-con problems tat cannot be solved! !#!$#$@%$#
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2007, 01:23

to avoid the building up of the foul smell i practise the following:

1. install air-con filter that has charcoal to remove odour.

2. Switch off the air-con circulation button 5mins prior to arrival of destination occasionally.

3. Never use any air-con refresher.

Hope that helps you to prevent the foul smell from building up I love you
Back to top Go down
siao
Idling
Idling
siao

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18 2007, 02:15

got use the aircon filter...but doesn't seems to help...the method of turning to hot for few mins seems to work...but on off it still comes back...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

smelly aircon Empty
PostSubject: Re: smelly aircon   smelly aircon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

smelly aircon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team ES Singapore :: Highly Intellectual Reference & Applied Technical Issues :: ICE, Interiors and Exteriors-
Jump to: