Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
severionz
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Wed Aug 29 2007, 01:51

I've just gotten a 2nd hand ES-1 ride, and looking at changing my stock 15" rims to 17" as the tyres are going BOTAK after 2 1/2 yrs ride from the original owner.

Just like to know some feedbacks from bros here if there will be tremendous drop in power if I upgrade to 17"?? My car is pure stock, not even a single mod done to it(something good when I got it....and it's my game now!Laughing )
I'm looking at some Taiwan rims(am looking at some models that ain't that heavy....7kg??Question )

Will anyone care to advise?? Thanks!



Severionz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Wed Aug 29 2007, 13:35

My take:

Dun go over 15" on your ride... unless you intend to do more mods on your engine. The profile tires original is 195/60/15 some bros here are on 205/50/15, 205/55/15, 195/55/15, and 195/50/15. all of which will make your speed and km readings go off... except for the original size.

Unless you are going for BBK's than go for 16" or 17" rims... Some here love their bigger rims and such...

My advice is to come by the regular meet ups every friday... you can look for ppl like mcdss, darth vader, rookie etc etc etc... they are more the regular ppl at meetups... U can ask all you need and test rides if the owners permit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 979
Age : 109
Location : Somewhere... out there...
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
85/100  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Wed Aug 29 2007, 17:57

yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 821
Age : 42
Location : death star
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Wed Aug 29 2007, 21:44

severionz wrote:
I've just gotten a 2nd hand ES-1 ride, and looking at changing my stock 15" rims to 17" as the tyres are going BOTAK after 2 1/2 yrs ride from the original owner.

Just like to know some feedbacks from bros here if there will be tremendous drop in power if I upgrade to 17"?? My car is pure stock, not even a single mod done to it(something good when I got it....and it's my game now!Laughing )
I'm looking at some Taiwan rims(am looking at some models that ain't that heavy....7kg??Question )

Will anyone care to advise?? Thanks!



Severionz

bro, as wat bro dadude has aptly put, i suggest that u stik w 15inch rims....u will get excellent FC and good acceleration. unless, of cse, u hv other plans up ur sleeves.....Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Wed Aug 29 2007, 22:50

mcdss wrote:
yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Doubt that... although the Budster might make it to some... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1648
Age : 72
Location : West to the JR!
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
1000000/1000000  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 00:18

DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:
yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Doubt that... although the Budster might make it to some... Laughing

ok ok on a fair note, I would love to meet all you bros if time permits. recently had been busy ... sorry.

as for monster group Very Happy ok ok I admit I have been the nicest guy on earth! I know the monsters love me hahahahahahahhaha!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
severionz
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 00:53

DaDude wrote:
My take:

Dun go over 15" on your ride... unless you intend to do more mods on your engine. The profile tires original is 195/60/15 some bros here are on 205/50/15, 205/55/15, 195/55/15, and 195/50/15. all of which will make your speed and km readings go off... except for the original size.

Unless you are going for BBK's than go for 16" or 17" rims... Some here love their bigger rims and such...

My advice is to come by the regular meet ups every friday... you can look for ppl like mcdss, darth vader, rookie etc etc etc... they are more the regular ppl at meetups... U can ask all you need and test rides if the owners permit...

Forgive for my ignorance. What's BBK's??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roychew14
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 962
Age : 37
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Pre FL ES03
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
0/100000000  (0/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 01:57

Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:
yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Doubt that... although the Budster might make it to some... Laughing

ok ok on a fair note, I would love to meet all you bros if time permits. recently had been busy ... sorry.

as for monster group Very Happy ok ok I admit I have been the nicest guy on earth! I know the monsters love me hahahahahahahhaha!!!
who r the monsters here? and who love u?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM


Male
Number of posts : 1054
Age : 40
Location : Fortune Island
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 09:27

severionz wrote:
DaDude wrote:
My take:

Dun go over 15" on your ride... unless you intend to do more mods on your engine. The profile tires original is 195/60/15 some bros here are on 205/50/15, 205/55/15, 195/55/15, and 195/50/15. all of which will make your speed and km readings go off... except for the original size.

Unless you are going for BBK's than go for 16" or 17" rims... Some here love their bigger rims and such...

My advice is to come by the regular meet ups every friday... you can look for ppl like mcdss, darth vader, rookie etc etc etc... they are more the regular ppl at meetups... U can ask all you need and test rides if the owners permit...

Forgive for my ignorance. What's BBK's??
Big Brake Kit like Brembo, AP racing, Wilwood...etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1648
Age : 72
Location : West to the JR!
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
1000000/1000000  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 11:05

roychew14 wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:
yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Doubt that... although the Budster might make it to some... Laughing

ok ok on a fair note, I would love to meet all you bros if time permits. recently had been busy ... sorry.

as for monster group Very Happy ok ok I admit I have been the nicest guy on earth! I know the monsters love me hahahahahahahhaha!!!
who r the monsters here? and who love u?

errrrr .... I wonder ... scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 11:44

severionz wrote:
DaDude wrote:
My take:

Dun go over 15" on your ride... unless you intend to do more mods on your engine. The profile tires original is 195/60/15 some bros here are on 205/50/15, 205/55/15, 195/55/15, and 195/50/15. all of which will make your speed and km readings go off... except for the original size.

Unless you are going for BBK's than go for 16" or 17" rims... Some here love their bigger rims and such...

My advice is to come by the regular meet ups every friday... you can look for ppl like mcdss, darth vader, rookie etc etc etc... they are more the regular ppl at meetups... U can ask all you need and test rides if the owners permit...

Forgive for my ignorance. What's BBK's??
BBK - Big Brake Kit's
Brembo
alcon
jbt
exzzess
Projet MU
etc etc etc..

all needing a clearance of 16" to 18" rims and a certain offset...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Thu Aug 30 2007, 11:47

Rookie wrote:
roychew14 wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:
yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Doubt that... although the Budster might make it to some... Laughing

ok ok on a fair note, I would love to meet all you bros if time permits. recently had been busy ... sorry.

as for monster group Very Happy ok ok I admit I have been the nicest guy on earth! I know the monsters love me hahahahahahahhaha!!!
who r the monsters here? and who love u?

errrrr .... I wonder ... scratch
kns... you sure asking for it... now.. hiaz..!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Fri Sep 07 2007, 02:32

Severionz, Nice to hav put a face to the ES1... Get ready for more mods galore... haha.. Nice lenso 17" you have..
Catch ya round some time! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
severionz
Idling
Idling


Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Fri Sep 07 2007, 08:13

DaDude wrote:
Severionz, Nice to hav put a face to the ES1... Get ready for more mods galore... haha.. Nice lenso 17" you have..
Catch ya round some time! Cool

DaDude, nice meetin you too..it was clearly enlightening for me to know so much what I can do to my ride.....make my PATTERN all come out!!! Hope by the next time we meet, can see ur new ride and if we have a chance to drive together...dun let me smell smoke k!!bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Age : 100
Location : Fuck Road
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Fri Sep 07 2007, 12:00

severionz wrote:
DaDude wrote:
Severionz, Nice to hav put a face to the ES1... Get ready for more mods galore... haha.. Nice lenso 17" you have..
Catch ya round some time! Cool

DaDude, nice meetin you too..it was clearly enlightening for me to know so much what I can do to my ride.....make my PATTERN all come out!!! Hope by the next time we meet, can see ur new ride and if we have a chance to drive together...dun let me smell smoke k!!bounce
haha... won't lah.. we let other peeps smell the smoke... heh heh... Happy modding.. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team ES Singapore :: Highly Intellectual Reference & Applied Technical Issues :: Performance Tuning-
Jump to: