Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Real Poison List

Go down 
+4
Team Kunimitsu
eeee78
Rookie
mcdss
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
macross43
Idling
Idling
macross43

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-06-21

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
The Real Poison List - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Real Poison List - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Real Poison List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 12:35

fire88 wrote:
God wrote:
Go next wk lah Laughing
Wk day not many cars Cool
Hahaha... Whole PG only 4 cars Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not on rainly day cheers cheers cheers

Bro change tyre lah , i also thinking to change liao it is not F1 no good leh only cannot make it in track
Back to top Go down
macross43
Idling
Idling
macross43

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
The Real Poison List - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Real Poison List - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 12:36

fire88 wrote:
macross43 wrote:
Just my thought , the top of the posion is to "mod" yourself to take up the challage and go to track 1st than only c what mod to do to ur car based on your feeling at the track.

U can mod all u want but if u don't test it , u never know how good it is.

Is me and my thought only

First thing to mod before you go to track is your balls, remove it if possible....no more worries:affraid: affraid

Bro cannot remove all lah , still got to reproduction need leh only pump air to make it bigger lor

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
fire88
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 13:23

macross43 wrote:
fire88 wrote:
macross43 wrote:
Just my thought , the top of the posion is to "mod" yourself to take up the challage and go to track 1st than only c what mod to do to ur car based on your feeling at the track.

U can mod all u want but if u don't test it , u never know how good it is.

Is me and my thought only

First thing to mod before you go to track is your balls, remove it if possible....no more worries:affraid: affraid

Bro cannot remove all lah , still got to reproduction need leh only pump air to make it bigger lor

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Demod, mod, remod, demod, remod.....than become loose, easier to take out and put back.

For tire replacement, I already have some models in mind...later go and see see...let you know tonight Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 14:11

fire88 wrote:
rOcH wrote:
No one to help also when required
Laughing Laughing Laughing

True, good to have you by my side that day....THANKS Bro...

When my car started to spin.....i think you were more scared than me but after we get out to check, I'm much more scared affraid affraid affraid than you...hahaha. My car looked terrible Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ...at that moment I thought it is not going back to sg with me.....

Once again thank you and Kelvin for helping me clear tons of stone at the pit...Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You know the reason of been more scare than you? cyclops
Because it is sliding out to the left! And i'm sitting at the left Laughing Laughing Embarassed

Just joking, we know sepang very safe one. Our car not as fast as the rex.
I hope that rex is going to be all right. Owner's pocket will burnt a big hole liao. We're considered lucky when compared to his event.
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 14:26

Came back quickly did servicing and wanted to change to motul 0w20 engine oil. But was advised not to change to that thin oil by huat lee, nigre as he claim that 20wt was for engine milage not surpass 70km. Mine coming 100k so he advise to stick back to 5w30.

His ws service not bad, guess can return to service again. But still find paying the market price for dealer motul oil on the high side.

He did a couple of things foc for me and i felt my car response back. Starting to like the response on the car. I would recommend you guys to do this minor servicing which most of us would tends to forget during servicing and was not properly advise by the ws.

1. Clean O2 sensor at the air-intake. (Mine was never clean until now Embarassed)
2. Clean the MAP sensor (if i get this part name correct) near to the throttle body. Required tools to bring out this sensor. Heard from ws that this thing can be wasily damage if not careful.
3. Tighten the throttle cable

My auto gear box only drain and top up ATF. But i change at interval 20k. Therefore, i would i think its time to do ATF flushing. I'll be going back to huat lee to try their ATF flushing service. He is quoting $180 - $200 with honda Z1 ATF. Furthermore, going to replace the steering fluid. He is quoting labour charge of $30 and own bring honda steering fluid to him. He got a malaysia honda trained mech to do the steering replacement. Don't know he got any how blow or not. But saw a well-know SHC accord bro's ride there doing major servicing so may be can try.

Heard there is a filter in our auto gear box. Is this true?
Back to top Go down
macross43
Idling
Idling
macross43

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 16:02

rOcH wrote:
Came back quickly did servicing and wanted to change to motul 0w20 engine oil. But was advised not to change to that thin oil by huat lee, nigre as he claim that 20wt was for engine milage not surpass 70km. Mine coming 100k so he advise to stick back to 5w30.

His ws service not bad, guess can return to service again. But still find paying the market price for dealer motul oil on the high side.

He did a couple of things foc for me and i felt my car response back. Starting to like the response on the car. I would recommend you guys to do this minor servicing which most of us would tends to forget during servicing and was not properly advise by the ws.

1. Clean O2 sensor at the air-intake. (Mine was never clean until now Embarassed)
2. Clean the MAP sensor (if i get this part name correct) near to the throttle body. Required tools to bring out this sensor. Heard from ws that this thing can be wasily damage if not careful.
3. Tighten the throttle cable

My auto gear box only drain and top up ATF. But i change at interval 20k. Therefore, i would i think its time to do ATF flushing. I'll be going back to huat lee to try their ATF flushing service. He is quoting $180 - $200 with honda Z1 ATF. Furthermore, going to replace the steering fluid. He is quoting labour charge of $30 and own bring honda steering fluid to him. He got a malaysia honda trained mech to do the steering replacement. Don't know he got any how blow or not. But saw a well-know SHC accord bro's ride there doing major servicing so may be can try.

Heard there is a filter in our auto gear box. Is this true?

I never heard before got filter in auto gear box leh as for the gear box , yesterday just went to T.S to buy the ATF oil n change at the workshop where bro fire did his D2 at 15 labour , but never flush just drain out only. Next week going to Kah motor for service liao 72K liao maybe the last time i go liao cos 80K need to change timing belt think go out do. Anyone got suggest where to do cheap ??? Btw any ideal what things can get kah motor to change F.O.C ???
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
The Real Poison List - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85/100The Real Poison List - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 18:42

HAHA KM can claim your aircon compressor if it spoil before 100,000km, also can change your stock shock absorber if it leaks. also can change your engine mounts if cracked, and alternator if your sound system sounds week and they prove alternater is not performing as required.

also can change your seat belt sensors if spoil (i.e. airbag warning light comes on) in fact, for air bag warning light, they will check and replace anything faulty foc if within warranty period.

and power window motor, and trunk release cable, and rear brake cable, and new throttle cable, and new brake master pump etc... haha
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2007, 21:52

One more thing i forgot to add is the chemical cleanning of the rear drum brake for $20.

After cleaning, brake become more efficient What a Face

He used a aero spray type of can and spray directly removing the brake dust from the drum brake. Like kind of de-greaser.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
The Real Poison List - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85/100The Real Poison List - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 00:13

Some nights back had a impromptu benchmark with a regular ES buddy at some know where...

I know my Turtle long since had any 'sprints' done... and already quite nua already in this area... owing to funny fuel consumption and i think there is some loss in midrange (2,500 rpm to 4,500rpm) ... hmmm maybe i need to reset my vtec point to 3,500 instead of 3,800 to tackle this - still need it above 3,500 - otherwise at NS Highway legal speeds, my VTEC would be ON...

anyway back to the benchmark... so we did a rolling start and ran tru the gears... surprisingly, still can be in front after 3rd gear... sigh... my butt sensor spoil...

Sleep
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 20:20

mcdss wrote:
HAHA KM can claim your aircon compressor if it spoil before 100,000km, also can change your stock shock absorber if it leaks. also can change your engine mounts if cracked, and alternator if your sound system sounds week and they prove alternater is not performing as required.

also can change your seat belt sensors if spoil (i.e. airbag warning light comes on) in fact, for air bag warning light, they will check and replace anything faulty foc if within warranty period.

and power window motor, and trunk release cable, and rear brake cable, and new throttle cable, and new brake master pump etc... haha

Got to take note, it is 3 years or 100,000km whichever comes first.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2007, 11:22

Time to update the list... the real poison list that is...

i will make the additions to the original positng. pls see from time to time haha I will use different colours to denote the new additions/changes
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2007, 11:22

Lighten Crank Pulley

This topic had been discussed very long and very hard over the years.

For those concerned about harmonic resonance of the crank pulley etc, it's not for the Japanese cars per se. more for BMW and Mercedes and some European makes...

So for Japanese cars, like the ES, lighten crank pulley does not affect the harmonic resonance (well, never been documented to happen anyway).

so why still got a whole chunk of people dun want to put lighten crank pulley?

a lot of advantages... lighter, can 'accelerate' the engine faster etc.

Cons:

1 Firstly, most of these pulleys are 'different size' from stock. you will require a different size timingbelt for it to work. and that can be a problem identifying the part if you are not familiar with it.

2 The pulley being of different size, rotates at a different speed. usually it's larger than stock so it's 'lighter' to turn - ever ride a 10 speed bicycle before? - use bigger gear will have lighter weight to ride rite? but going high spin on legs, speed still slow leh.. but light... you say leh?

better for climbing hill? you think so?

3 becos it spins the crank at a slower speed, less power is actually generated for other electrical system, as well as your alternator...

So, it you can get a same as stock size pulley but at 30% of the weight, i.e. you shave off 70% of the weight of the pulley, yet use same belt, and same speed spin the alternator, would that not be a good buy?

Can consider....

but it being so light... got momentum or not? once you let go the accelerator the thing will just stop ... so boh da yu can still 'roll' or not?

still being investigated... I dunno...

ok. most important question: can accelerate faster or not?

come to the PG sprint night with your lighten crank pulley, let's try it out lor. chances are you can't tell the difference unless you got a lot more mods in place... meaning, just one pulley, you cannot have any advantage... yet so many 'con'... think about it...

/
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2007, 20:42

Damn Mad Mad Mad

One pulley got so many things to learn ....... to do, or not to do ..... wait, can save petrol or not? Nowadays petrol very expensive you know .... Suspect

Now a debate on SHC, accord folder on battery ......... what is a car battery for in the first place? Power your ICE?

Just to crank start your engine only .... need so good for what? confused confused confused

Still got fresh or not fresh .... go market buy food is it? Laughing
Spent $250 for a device to check 'freshness' when one battery is worth $100?
Used for 0ne year, 12 months, each month cost $8.33

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
macross43
Idling
Idling
macross43

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2007, 22:14

rOcH wrote:
Damn Mad Mad Mad

One pulley got so many things to learn ....... to do, or not to do ..... wait, can save petrol or not? Nowadays petrol very expensive you know .... Suspect

Now a debate on SHC, accord folder on battery ......... what is a car battery for in the first place? Power your ICE?

Just to crank start your engine only .... need so good for what? confused confused confused

Still got fresh or not fresh .... go market buy food is it? Laughing
Spent $250 for a device to check 'freshness' when one battery is worth $100?
Used for 0ne year, 12 months, each month cost $8.33

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wow bro, i like ur freshness theroy man. Bo bian ppl scard the battery not fresh cannot cook ooops start the engine after heavy ice.
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04 2007, 02:17

May be we can start a biz, selling fresh batteries! Just out from the oven! Confirmed fresh, not fresh buy back from you. "BAO CHIA"

Violent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Real Poison List   The Real Poison List - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Real Poison List
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2