Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need help on choosing tires

Go down 
+2
eeee78
chipmunk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2006-11-02

Need help on choosing tires Empty
PostSubject: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 16:15

Hi bros! Need some help.
Intend to get new tires soon. I am still on 195/60/15 db's
was looking at same size cos wife dont like 16/17" rims like before.

These are the tires I have been intro'ed so far;
Azenis ST115
Firestone TZ10
Bridgestone Turanza ER30

Any Idea which one is good? and if there is any other makes to get???
Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 22:34

I m using ST115
nosiy lor
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2006, 22:52

bro u going for comfort tyres? or performance?
Back to top Go down
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling

Male
Number of posts : 104

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue0/0Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 08:58

Bridgestone Potenza G3 is not bad.. Think it's available for that size.
Yokohama ES100 has good grip too, but noisy.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue85/100Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 09:32

If you need quiet tyres, go for the Yokohama AVS db.

they are great quite tyres. make sure got AVS sign on the tyre wall.

just Aspec db 500 is lousy tyre...

make sure you get the right one.

There are no other 'renouned' quiet tyres.

The Goodyear Revspec tyres are high performance, yet the tyre thread design is for 'quiet' - this is a very highly rated tyre from Goodyear made in japan.

their 'top-of-the-line' F1 is made in Germany for larger sizes and made in Thailand for 15 inch models... hmmm... but noisy... but this is brought up to say that the Revspec is something to look at closely as it's made in Japan. price for this tyre at official Goodyear shops in Sgp is around $180 per piece for 16 inch... shud be $140+/- for the 15 inch ba...

Goodyear also got interesting tyre made in Malaysia... and their thread is quite nice as 'medium quiet' tyres are concerned, with great emphasis on wet handling the GY is renouned for... so do look at those besides the Yokohama ones.

else can try the continental brands such as Michellin (some made in Thailand also) Pirelli, Nokian, etc. else the Korean tyres from Hankook and Kumho...

just my usual 50 cents...

The Turtle - MCDS

Firenza better dun touch... unless you want to drift at 60kmh after 10,000km
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 10:20

eeee78 wrote:
I m using ST115
nosiy lor

Bro, that is what I heard but overall good tire when new, but heard that the tire will deteriorate after 20k to 30k and than become noisy. Is that true??
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 10:24

Rookie wrote:

bro, I am looking fr perfomance tire. The db's I have is quiet but cannot make it when comes to wet surface. I will sacrifice comfort of having less noise to safety on wet days as well as dry.

my wife driving while raining recently, and almost buang car. so she now understands why I had performance tires (so got go ahead to change).
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 10:27

ilkcirtap wrote:
Bridgestone Potenza G3 is not bad.. Think it's available for that size.
Yokohama ES100 has good grip too, but noisy.

bro, still got Bridgestone Potenza G3 meh? I taut discontinued? had them last time but size was 17", but I would not mind them again. what price now for 195/60/15 you know? Dont think they have it in this size though.
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 10:34

mcdss wrote:
If you need quiet tyres, go for the Yokohama AVS db.

they are great quite tyres. make sure got AVS sign on the tyre wall.

just Aspec db 500 is lousy tyre...

make sure you get the right one.

There are no other 'renouned' quiet tyres.

The Goodyear Revspec tyres are high performance, yet the tyre thread design is for 'quiet' - this is a very highly rated tyre from Goodyear made in japan.

their 'top-of-the-line' F1 is made in Germany for larger sizes and made in Thailand for 15 inch models... hmmm... but noisy... but this is brought up to say that the Revspec is something to look at closely as it's made in Japan. price for this tyre at official Goodyear shops in Sgp is around $180 per piece for 16 inch... shud be $140+/- for the 15 inch ba...

Goodyear also got interesting tyre made in Malaysia... and their thread is quite nice as 'medium quiet' tyres are concerned, with great emphasis on wet handling the GY is renouned for... so do look at those besides the Yokohama ones.

else can try the continental brands such as Michellin (some made in Thailand also) Pirelli, Nokian, etc. else the Korean tyres from Hankook and Kumho...

just my usual 50 cents...

The Turtle - MCDS

Firenza better dun touch... unless you want to drift at 60kmh after 10,000km

bro, like your write ups really good reading for those who want to learn more. Thank you for the effort you put into them.

I wanted to get the RevSpec2 but did not have them at the size I wanted (195/60/15) unless someone says that 195/55/15 is also ok on my speedo mileage. Also, astetics will look funny with small tires, I think.

Can I actually use 195/55/15???

What might be the pros and cons if I use this size???

Thanks for your help again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 11:08

chipmunk wrote:
Rookie wrote:

bro, I am looking fr perfomance tire. The db's I have is quiet but cannot make it when comes to wet surface. I will sacrifice comfort of having less noise to safety on wet days as well as dry.

my wife driving while raining recently, and almost buang car. so she now understands why I had performance tires (so got go ahead to change).
I'm on Eagle F1 and have to say these tyres gave me confidence on both dry and WET days, Very Happy soft compound deep threads made it a relatively "quiet" yet moderately durable tyres. once you run in the tyres, u will definitely fall in love with it.

others to check out are the Toyo T1R or R1R - actually those are on my "to check list " lah Very Happy tongue
Back to top Go down
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue0/0Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 12:04

chipmunk wrote:

bro, still got Bridgestone Potenza G3 meh? I taut discontinued? had them last time but size was 17", but I would not mind them again. what price now for 195/60/15 you know? Dont think they have it in this size though.

Sorry, I'm not very sure about the price..
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 15:35

chipmunk wrote:
eeee78 wrote:
I m using ST115
nosiy lor

Bro, that is what I heard but overall good tire when new, but heard that the tire will deteriorate after 20k to 30k and than become noisy. Is that true??
On E'way its ok...but on old road, sounds like a train!

My current set is 20k km old liao
still tahanable
Back to top Go down
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 16:45

Rookie wrote:

I'm on Eagle F1 and have to say these tyres gave me confidence on both dry and WET days, Very Happy soft compound deep threads made it a relatively "quiet" yet moderately durable tyres. once you run in the tyres, u will definitely fall in love with it.

others to check out are the Toyo T1R or R1R - actually those are on my "to check list " lah Very Happy tongue

Bro, your F1 is made in Germany?
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2006, 18:04

ilkcirtap wrote:
Rookie wrote:

yup
geek
Back to top Go down
roychew14
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
roychew14

Male
Number of posts : 962

My Garage
Ride: Pre FL ES03
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue0/100000000Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13 2006, 10:21

Rookie wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:
Rookie wrote:

yup
geek
compared to thailand ones a lot of diff meh?
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13 2006, 17:19

Rookie wrote:
chipmunk wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Thanks bro, Will consider but might go for the RevSpec2 instead. I dont know about the RevSpec2 if have 60 size but I know for a fact that the F1's only come in 195/55/15 and mostly thai made.

Do you know if GY revspec2 got 195/60/15?? and if not,
If I run on 195/55/15 what wld be the implcations or difference???

Smile
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13 2006, 17:21

eeee78 wrote:
chipmunk wrote:
eeee78 wrote:
I m using ST115
nosiy lor

On E'way its ok...but on old road, sounds like a train!

My current set is 20k km old liao
still tahanable

Ya exactly.. so still considering, but, seems I will not have a choice, cause Its one of the only performance tires that have 60 range... 195/60/15 especially hard to find 60 on these type of tyres. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Need help on choosing tires Left_bar_bleue85/100Need help on choosing tires Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16 2006, 14:08

if you want performance tyre in the 60 range it will be difficult. the tyre walls will be too tall to engineer logical stiffness into them for performance.

you should check out the european marks such as Pirelli Dragons, or Michellin Sport Pilot Preceda. I believe they have 205/50/15. And those two tyres can really GRIP wet or dry...

The Goodyear Revspec2 is a definitely good choice. That one must go to 'Cost Tyre' Goodyear shops to see if they have this size. Else you run into JB and check out their 'made in malaysia' goodyear ducaro tyres. I have very very good impression about this tyre... and being MIM, they must be very 'affordable' there.

if you have yet to change your rubbers, there is a good place to go look.

The Turtle - MCDS

Personally? I'm on Falken's RT615s... nothing to do with comfort, or too aggressive wet driving... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
chipmunk
Idling
Idling
chipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17 2006, 10:14

mcdss wrote:
if you want performance tyre in the 60 range it will be difficult. the tyre walls will be too tall to engineer logical stiffness into them for performance.

you should check out the european marks such as Pirelli Dragons, or Michellin Sport Pilot Preceda. I believe they have 205/50/15. And those two tyres can really GRIP wet or dry...

The Goodyear Revspec2 is a definitely good choice. That one must go to 'Cost Tyre' Goodyear shops to see if they have this size. Else you run into JB and check out their 'made in malaysia' goodyear ducaro tyres. I have very very good impression about this tyre... and being MIM, they must be very 'affordable' there.

if you have yet to change your rubbers, there is a good place to go look.

The Turtle - MCDS

Personally? I'm on Falken's RT615s... nothing to do with comfort, or too aggressive wet driving... Twisted Evil

might just stick to revspec2 thank you for all the info ... Might go in msia nex weekend and go chk out the prices and such. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help on choosing tires   Need help on choosing tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help on choosing tires
Page 1 of 1