Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!

Go down 
+2
rOcH
DaDude
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Empty
PostSubject: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25 2006, 09:12

Yesterday abt 3pm on CTE, Orchard Exit was turning off (signalled my intention way ahead of exit), Cos got several lorries behind me going quite fast on a very wet and rainy afternoon.

One bloody CheeBye vios MotherFucker cut in last min, he was right at the lane divider!!! affraid affraid affraid I had to swerve to my left so hard that my car was going side ways towards the side wall. If not for my recent changes on my rotor/brakes and tyres I would have been part of the wall...!!!

Managed to brake hard and trusty brakes handled extreamely well and had so much stop I just had to swing back and counter steer with lotsa acceleration.... If anyone was behind me (the lorries) they must be thinking ES can drift meh (Twisted Evil ?!?!). By this time the bugger was behind me stalled at the divider....

To cut an already long story short, I slowed down and tailed the vios motherfucker till suntec and till the carpark at conrad I think... Followed the mf till he had no place to go. Wanted to come out and fuck the asshole but saw he was with a fucking pimple face cap wearing nerd with a ugly looking whore and they looked really really scared Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil must be my dark tint and stalking...Suspect mf vios parked his car and I slowly crept pass his car and could see both of them were scared stiff...

Told myself not worth my breath plus I was late to fetch OC... left the carpark, leaving them sitting there looking real stupid and I believe proly they waited for awhile before they left the carpark cos I spotted them later exiting to nicole highway..,...Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

Main lesson learnt...! Never stinge on a good brake set and tyres!!!

other lesson:... Intimidation works without wasting your breath and energy!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by DaDude on Mon Dec 25 2006, 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25 2006, 09:56

Hope lesson will stay in that young chap'd mind for a long long time.

Sometime, i wonder why people wants to do last minute turning when they are clearly going to miss the exit confused confused confused

Simply re-route, s'pore ain't that big No No No
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:
Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25 2006, 13:50

rOcH wrote:
Hope lesson will stay in that young chap'd mind for a long long time.

Sometime, i wonder why people wants to do last minute turning when they are clearly going to miss the exit confused confused confused

Simply re-route, s'pore ain't that big No No No

Evil or Very Mad These mf's only know one way to thier destination.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Miss exit or lane means lost lorr... pig

santa Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25 2006, 23:47

santa Merry christmas!
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25 2006, 23:52

wow, close shave! what a young punk!!!
Back to top Go down
ilkcirtap
Idling
Idling

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-02

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 08:45

Bro, what's ur brake and tire?
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 10:11

Rookie wrote:

Yurpp... nearly another casualty!Shocked Thank God I was quick enuf.. kenah balls shrink man... not a nice feeling!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 10:13

ilkcirtap wrote:

ST115's with brakes sys of, steel braded hoses, project u pads, exzess sloted rotors and stock calipers... Wink not the best but good enuf for me...
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 10:37

DaDude wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Yurpp... nearly another casualty!Shocked Thank God I was quick enuf.. kenah balls shrink man... not a nice feeling!Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

heheh it pays to be a good boy and be religious too hehehehe
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 10:44

Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
Rookie wrote:

heheh it pays to be a good boy and be religious too hehehehe

Razz I try... clown
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2006, 22:11

steady lah bro Alvin...those who dunno u will surely be intimidated one.....Twisted Evil tt blardy vios...serves him right......zao3 zhi1 jin1 ri1, he2 bi4 dang1 chu1? Violent

p.s: but i still think ur tyres can be improved....lol!
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2006, 09:31

darth vader wrote:
steady lah bro Alvin...those who dunno u will surely be intimidated one.....Twisted Evil tt blardy vios...serves him right......zao3 zhi1 jin1 ri1, he2 bi4 dang1 chu1? Violent

p.s: but i still think ur tyres can be improved....lol!

hahah... rabbit me so fierce meh...?
Improve on tyres?? I checking out these now lor...
Were on F1's, RevSpecs, DB's and now the ST115 as I need some balance between comfort and sport/wet... So so tyres... wont match the RevSpecs and G3's....
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2006, 21:35

DaDude wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:

ST115's with brakes sys of, steel braded hoses, project u pads, exzess sloted rotors and stock calipers... Wink not the best but good enuf for me...

Bro, can kindly let me know how much you paid for your exzess rotors? Pm if you are uncomfortable to disclose openly in forum.

Thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2006, 23:17

rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:

Bro, can kindly let me know how much you paid for your exzess rotors? Pm if you are uncomfortable to disclose openly in forum.

Thanks!
Very Happy

buy my WW setup ai mai? i go buy AP racing....Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 10:14

rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:

Thanks!
Very Happy

I really cant remember the price... it should be bout $220... To cut story short, bought lotsa stuff for brakes, struts, and pulley all on same day so cant really remember the exact prices.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 10:19

darth vader wrote:

buy my WW setup ai mai? i go buy AP racing....Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Was looking at PU at stamford... looks dam fierce... Have not seen the AP setup... where to find ahrr?? Very Happy any webby to read up?
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 13:36

darth vader wrote:
rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:

Thanks!
Very Happy

AP Racing Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

After tracking then decide how. To remain in current brake system or change to another scratch scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 13:39

DaDude wrote:
rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:

Thanks!
Very Happy

I really cant remember the price... it should be bout $220... To cut story short, bought lotsa stuff for brakes, struts, and pulley all on same day so cant really remember the exact prices.
Very Happy

Thanks pal. No need actual pricing but some figure for my mind to think about will do.

If selling price is around this price, then may be i'll get a set and try. Question now is will it wrap like bremo max using 800 degree brake pad under hard braking usage.

Guess no one really has the answer, so got to try Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2006, 14:52

rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:
ilkcirtap wrote:

Thanks!
Very Happy

Very Happy

Thanks pal. No need actual pricing but some figure for my mind to think about will do.

If selling price is around this price, then may be i'll get a set and try. Question now is will it wrap like bremo max using 800 degree brake pad under hard braking usage.

Guess no one really has the answer, so got to try Laughing Laughing

Yes it will warp, the exzess set up I have is proly only good for my 500 deg pads.. I was on the same set up 800 deg pads like you it screwed my rotors big time, and really quick (lesson learnt and I don't need the hard braking pwr like previously getting old I guess..Laughing so these suit me fine now). You might want to consider high Carbon Cast Iron Discs slotted or crossed drilled, think brembos at running at about 310 to 380 bux... either that or take up DV's offer Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Just my experience... Im no expert... So dont take my word... ask round... Cool
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 00:25

DaDude wrote:

Yes it will warp, the exzess set up I have is proly only good for my 500 deg pads.. I was on the same set up 800 deg pads like you it screwed my rotors big time, and really quick (lesson learnt and I don't need the hard braking pwr like previously getting old I guess..Laughing so these suit me fine now). You might want to consider high Carbon Cast Iron Discs slotted or crossed drilled, think brembos at running at about 310 to 380 bux... either that or take up DV's offer Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't think brembos have 4x100 pcd 282mm for me Neutral No
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 09:15

rOcH wrote:
DaDude wrote:

I don't think brembos have 4x100 pcd 282mm for me Neutral No

Look for bravo's postings in the WTS folder... give him a call to chk... might have... Very Happy at least you chked...
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 13:36

DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Was looking at PU at stamford... looks dam fierce... Have not seen the AP setup... where to find ahrr?? Very Happy any webby to read up?

project miu setup is abt 2.8k the last time i enquired @ stamford tyres....nid a mth to indent...n its a 4 pot btw....call me vain, but green does not match my ride's outlook....rather get the brembo GTs...What a Face
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 14:13

darth vader wrote:
DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:

project miu setup is abt 2.8k the last time i enquired @ stamford tyres....nid a mth to indent...n its a 4 pot btw....call me vain, but green does not match my ride's outlook....rather get the brembo GTs...What a Face

Ok... "vain!" waaahhahahaha... but takes one to know one... tongue
My car is green... "go figure!" lol!
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 14:40

DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:
DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:

point taken. lol! but the pm green majiam diff contrast w ur green leh......afro
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29 2006, 14:49

darth vader wrote:
DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:
DaDude wrote:
darth vader wrote:

point taken. lol! but the pm green majiam diff contrast w ur green leh......afro
yah.. WW looks better... not brems... and PM little off but still greeen lorr... thats y still on stock cali's... within my driving zone of speed and braking now... till i have the need fr speed than proly wont think twice bout the brakes.... proly by than will change to TypeR... Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!   Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good brakes and Tyres Saved Me!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next