Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D

Go down 
+5
mcdss
rOcH
sf
DaDude
xiaonick
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2006-10-17

1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty
PostSubject: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2007, 18:21

Civic Vs Hyundai Getz Turbo

I was following a slow P plate Matrix for a while. As it was extremely slow around 40km on a 2 lane road, moving at a slow pace (sorry to Fellow P platers here) After awhile, at the filter lane of the Zebra crossing turning left, I overtook to the extreme right lane. Overtaking the slow Matrix at a breeze easily

A Red Hyundai Getz with bright white lights suddenly followed me. I changed lanes to overtake a slow bus. The getz kept following me.

Exited to the high way, don't like people following me so I dropped to the 2nd gear, from 3rd to open VTEC. Went to the right most lane. Hit red 2nd Gear redlining, switching to 3rd Gear

The Hyudai Getz easily overtook me (like i'm standing still!) from the left lane. Heard a PSsssssssssssshhhhhhhh sound like the merc cabs. The hyundai getz was so fast, even though I was doing 120km/hour!

Hit around 160km. Manage to caught up as the hyundai getz as he got stuck by traffic on the highway.

Road was cleared, no cars around us so 2 of us moving at a fast pace, 'playing' on the road

Went alongside with him gave him a thumbs up sign. He gave me a friendly wave and we move off slowly at 100km/hour, he letting me overtaking on the right lane in the end giving way!

Happy to meet drivers who are friendly. It's nice to give a good gesture on the road.

Getz : 1 Civic : 0
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue0/01.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2007, 20:21

Got a bro with TC Getz.. On the straights you might loose out cos of the TC.... but eventually you might be able to catch up due to the Civics stability... Getz becomes slightly too light to handle over 150km... Take care when doin another round again with that make.... but good to hear friendlies around.. Cool
Back to top Go down
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2007, 21:05

DaDude wrote:
Got a bro with TC Getz.. On the straights you might loose out cos of the TC.... but eventually you might be able to catch up due to the Civics stability... Getz becomes slightly too light to handle over 150km... Take care when doin another round again with that make.... but good to hear friendlies around.. Cool

Yup, he dare not hit over 150km. That's how i was able to caught.

But the turbo is damn fast.

Getz 1.6, are a threat to ES! I compared drag with my friend's getz before. win by only slightly less than half a car length
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue0/01.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2007, 21:08

xiaonick wrote:
DaDude wrote:

Yup, he dare not hit over 150km. That's how i was able to caught.

But the turbo is damn fast.

Getz 1.6, are a threat to ES! I compared drag with my friend's getz before. win by only slightly less than half a car length
Haha... as stated... be careful if you are goin against one again... Cool
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2007, 11:13

how much will fuel consumption go up if one does a TC on the es? anyone knows?
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2007, 16:08

sf wrote:

I guess it should be related to how hard your depress the pedal Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue85/1001.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2007, 21:14

essentially, the TC works by forcing more air into the air/fuel chamber creating a more 'oxygen concentrated' atmosphere there by virtue of more volume of air...

to make the explosion even more powerful, fuel is literally 'dumped' into the intermix chamber as well... larger amount of fuel, larger amount of air, the resultant explosion inthe intermix chamber will be 'magic' for the enthusiast... and since the turbo accelerates at an accelerating rate, more and more fuel is dumped in..

FC shud be almost halfed ba...at full boost...

but seriously, if you want power you really shuldn't worry too much about how much fuel is consumed... you only worry about how fast and how much power you gonna get...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Idling
Idling
Rorschach

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-01-17

My Garage
Ride: CS5
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue10/101.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2007, 22:33

sf wrote:

Do I smell an ES with TD04/TD05 in the works??? Heh heh heh...

FC will depend on 2 factors; 1, RFP or right foot pressure and 2, Boost...

The higher the boost, the higher your FC. The higher the RFP, the higher the FP...they go hand in hand. But considering TC-ing your ES, here are some items that are essential:

1) Larger Throttle Body
2) Exhaust mod
3) Header Mod
4) ECU Piggyback with TC control/Standalone ECU with TC control
5) Fuel regulator/higher cap fuel pump
6) Higher cap injectors
7) Turbocharger
Cool Wastegate
9) BOV/Bypass Valve
10) Intercooler
Back to top Go down
http://cicero.multiply.com
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue85/1001.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23 2007, 00:13

Rorschach wrote:
sf wrote:

Do I smell an ES with TD04/TD05 in the works??? Heh heh heh...

FC will depend on 2 factors; 1, RFP or right foot pressure and 2, Boost...

The higher the boost, the higher your FC. The higher the RFP, the higher the FP...they go hand in hand. But considering TC-ing your ES, here are some items that are essential:

1) Larger Throttle Body
2) Exhaust mod
3) Header Mod
4) ECU Piggyback with TC control/Standalone ECU with TC control
5) Fuel regulator/higher cap fuel pump
6) Higher cap injectors
7) Turbocharger
Cool Wastegate
9) BOV/Bypass Valve
10) Intercooler

I think you meant "the higher the boost the poorer the FC..."

more things to add to your list:
11. improve drive shaft
12. improve oil cooler
13. improve handling - suspension, chasis, balance.
14. improve brakes
15. lower compression pistons/shafts
16. better profile cams
17. ...more...

santa
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23 2007, 10:43

u guys are the Shopping List Duet! no TC for me that's for sure then... money saved, life lived at a slower pace...can be just as fulfilling i'm sure... hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Idling
Idling
Rorschach

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue10/101.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01 2007, 23:03

sf wrote:
u guys are the Shopping List Duet! no TC for me that's for sure then... money saved, life lived at a slower pace...can be just as fulfilling i'm sure... hahaha

Just buy a car with a stock TD04 lah...now cheap cheap oni...

Some options:

WRX 2.5 S$80K
WRX 2.0 (A) S$87K
Colt Plus Turbo S$??? but should be under S$70K
Colt Turbo S$??? as above
Lancer Turbo S$67988

Save the hassle muahaha...poisonous rite?
Back to top Go down
Rorschach
Idling
Idling
Rorschach

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01 2007, 23:05

mcdss wrote:

I think you meant "the higher the boost the poorer the FC..."

Higher FC in the context of higher fuel consumption which essentially is the same as poorer fuel consumption hahaha...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2007, 00:06

OK your point -- I agree.

sorry I read out of context...
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male
Number of posts : 773

My Garage
Ride: Honda M3
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2007, 16:06

TC on a Korean Engine.... I think his car up the lorry soon.... Evil or Very Mad

anyway, I want to install TC with the sound of Pusssyyyy Pusssyyyyy..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
God
Idling
Idling
God

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-01-23

My Garage
Ride: Honda Fit 1.5S
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue1/11.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2007, 17:39

beemer wrote:
TC on a Korean Engine.... I think his car up the lorry soon.... Evil or Very Mad

anyway, I want to install TC with the sound of Pusssyyyy Pusssyyyyy..... Twisted Evil

mount DV deer on ur rear Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2007, 19:19

God wrote:
beemer wrote:

cannot that wan will scream Le-bie Le-bie...Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03 2007, 17:46

DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

that is disgusting.. lol!
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03 2007, 22:36

beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

Waaahahahahahahah lol!
Back to top Go down
God
Idling
Idling
God

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-01-23

My Garage
Ride: Honda Fit 1.5S
My Satisfaction Level:
1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Left_bar_bleue1/11.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03 2007, 23:11

beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

tout u love it Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04 2007, 12:09

God wrote:
beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

tout u love it Laughing
lol!
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10 2007, 01:32

DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

tout u love it Laughing
lol!
too bad.. I am not as gay as you.... santa
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10 2007, 07:47

beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

tout u love it Laughing
lol!
God in a beamer or issit beamer in God... Whahahahahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
ST
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14 2007, 10:31

beemer wrote:

DOHC a korean engine?
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14 2007, 10:53

ST wrote:
beemer wrote:

DOHC a korean engine?
neither... its a one of a kind pussyTC...Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14 2007, 11:18

DaDude wrote:
beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:
DaDude wrote:
God wrote:
beemer wrote:

tout u love it Laughing
lol!
God in a beamer or issit beamer in God... Whahahahahaha lol!

whos beamer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D   1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.6 Civic Loses to Hyundai Turbo :D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next