Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Usefull Information (Verified)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Usefull Information (Verified) Left_bar_bleue0/0Usefull Information (Verified) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Usefull Information (Verified) Empty
PostSubject: Usefull Information (Verified)   Usefull Information (Verified) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06 2007, 01:42

Useful Information we take for granted or frankly are to embarassed to ask:

Normal Bus Lane Hours

Days
Mondays to Fridays

Operation Hours
7.30am to 9.30am | 5.00pm to 8.00pm

Full-Day Bus Lane Hours -- Continuous Yellow-and-Red Line

Days
Mondays to Saturdays

Operation Hours
7.30am to 8.00pm

Bus lanes are not operational on Sundays and Public Holidays

(Revised 30 June 2007)

Last edited by on Mon Jul 30 2007, 18:12; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:
Usefull Information (Verified) Left_bar_bleue0/0Usefull Information (Verified) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Usefull Information (Verified)   Usefull Information (Verified) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06 2007, 01:51

What consitutes handphone driving?

Handphone driving
An offence under Sec 65B of the Road Traffic Act is made out as long as there is evidence to show that the motorist was holding onto the handphone with one hand, while using it to communicate. This is regardless of the position in which he was holding onto the handphone and the fact that a hands-free kit was also used is irrelevant.

Handphone driving is an inconsiderate and dangerous act that poses a threat to other road-users. The act distracts drivers and reduces their ability to control their vehicles and to react to changes in road situations. This puts other road users at risk. Because of the seriousness of the offence, Traffic Police will continue to step up our enforcement on handphone driving. We advise motorists who wish to use their handphones to have their passenger make or receive the call. If travelling alone, motorists should drive to a carpark before making the call.

Penalty
A first-timer convicted of phone and drive offence shall be liable to 12 demerit points and a maximum fine of up to $1000/- or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or both. He/She may also be disqualified from driving. The offender's handphone and SIM card will be seized to facilitate investigation. These may be forfeited by the court upon conviction.

What constitutes HP driving:

• the driver of a motor vehicle that is on a road or public place "uses" a mobile phone while the vehicle is in motion
  • using one hand to hold on to the mobile phone and the other hand holding the steering wheel
  • communicate whilst driving

Examples:
Scenario A (Paging for someone)
Page for someone, with or without earpiece, using one hand to hold on to the mobile phone and the other hand holding the steering wheel.

Scenario B (SMS/MMS message)
Writing, Sending, and Reading SMS/MMS messages from someone, with or without earpiece, using one hand to hold on to the mobile phone and the other hand holding the steering wheel.

Scenario C (Making a Call)
Making a call, with or without earpiece, by pressing the keypads and was holding handphone in one hand with the other hand holding the steering wheel.

Scenario D (Receiving a Call)
Receiving a call, with or without earpiece, by pressing the keypads and was holding handphone in one hand with the other hand holding the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Usefull Information (Verified)   Usefull Information (Verified) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07 2007, 10:18

How are motor vehicles classified?

Classification of Motor Vehicles.

Class 2B Motorcycles <= 200 cc

Class 2A Motorcycles between 201 cc and 400 cc

Class 2 Motorcycles > 400 cc

Class 3A i) Motor Cars without clutch pedals <= 3000 kg <= 7 passengers, exclusive of the driver;
ii) and Motor Tractors and other Motor Vehicles without clutch pedals of unladen weight <= 2500 kg.

Class 3 i) Motor Cars <= 3000 kg with <= 7 passengers, exclusive of the driver;
ii) and Motor Tractors and other Motor Vehicles <= 2500 kg.

Class 4A Omnibuses

Class 4 Heavy Motor cars and Motor Tractors > 2500 kg. Class 5 Motor Vehicles not constructed to carry any load and the unladen weight > 7250 kg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Usefull Information (Verified)   Usefull Information (Verified) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Usefull Information (Verified)
Page 1 of 1