Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Denso or NGK ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Denso or NGK ? Left_bar_bleue0/0Denso or NGK ? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2007, 15:24

Hey folks...
Just wondering if anyone knows which is better...
Please state your views and feedback...

I have included a graph for all to view if need be...

Denso or NGK ? Hondasparkplugsizes

Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
God
Idling
Idling
God

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-01-23

My Garage
Ride: Honda Fit 1.5S
My Satisfaction Level:
Denso or NGK ? Left_bar_bleue1/1Denso or NGK ? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2007, 22:21

Using Denso for my ES1, now using NGK cos stock come wit it. Change to denso later.

Dont think got great diff in both of them.
Back to top Go down
Levi's
Idling
Idling
Levi's

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2007, 08:14

Am on NGK.

Feels good!
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
My Satisfaction Level:
Denso or NGK ? Left_bar_bleue85/100Denso or NGK ? Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2007, 16:12

I'd been on both. Essentially, both almost equal. Made in Japan.

You shud try the Volker Racing Irridium 7ZX-8 plug... you will be suitably 'impressed'... Made in Germany....
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2007, 17:04

mcdss wrote:

You shud try the Volker Racing Irridium 7ZX-8 plug... you will be suitably 'impressed'... Made in Germany....
huh...Shocked Shocked Shocked whoa seh...!
wat dat? how da muchie?
apa ni... "Volker Racing Irridium 7ZX-8 plug" ??? rabbit
Back to top Go down
God
Idling
Idling
God

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2007, 19:46

DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:

wat dat? how da muchie?

had tried tat. can get at waterloo ard $55, cant remember liao. Kana misfire from it, change it aft 5k.
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2007, 21:49

God wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:

wat dat? how da muchie?

had tried tat. can get at waterloo ard $55, cant remember liao. Kana misfire from it, change it aft 5k.
ic ic... so the ngk's and denso's are still the tried and tested best options...hmmm scratch might go for the NGK'S since I've tried denso's long while back...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2007, 03:29

The first batch they brought in had problems - that one I agree... and the price... is not something to shout about $55 for set of 4.

The new shipments subsequently brought in (different importer) are at $100 per set of 4...

I 'm using this set currently... and ran Sepang with it and 2 rounds of tuning with it i.e. full throttle lots and lots .... and seen 2 oil changes already .. i.e. 20,000 km plus leow... it's rated at 160,000 km... shows no signs of aging on my ride... and no hint of misfiring...

BTW, Denso is rated at 80,000km, and NGK is rated at 50,000 if I'm not mistaken. And Silverstone Splitfire plugs are rated at 120,000 km.

So... I'm lucky to get a good set? those gotten at waterloo... there was much problem... even in JB's Speedworks, their 'shipment' also tainted...

my set i got from Krangi...

I suspect someone pulled a very fast one on the suppliers, made lots of bucks over 'QC' fail plugs... and at the same time spoil the name... and see... the stigma stays...

Let me know if you wanna try a set... we go get, pay retail for it for the new shipment pieces, and see how they do... my next set will still be Volker Racing Irridium.... totally sold on it now... they have a super plug too but that one is 'overkill' for my car... but then, what's 'overkill'? hee hee hee.... I think the upgrade is $90 per plug... wait till i get bonus... but very nice to watch the demo... very different firing pattern, and the spark... wow... if can sustain for 6 oil changes, i think quite worth it... but that's just me... i only share info., you are free to reject it.

The Turtle - MCDS
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2007, 10:35

Hahaha... was quite surprised it was 55bux as stated...
I called round to my buds and they quoted like 380 for a set of 4... Was like, quite taken aback on the difference of costs... Now I know...

Thanks for the enlightenment...! We shd discuss futher... as the 100 set sounds reasonable... Hav another set of sparks at 180 that Im considering too... hee hee...

cheers scratch bom drunken
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2007, 15:56

yup.... $380 is ard $95 per plug... that's the top of the line Volker Racing Irridium plug... it's leg is a squarish 90 degree L shape instead of the usual rounded L... the the tip of the L lines up to the firing pin horizontally instead of 'over' it...

what impressed me was the intensity of the spark at the testmode compared to the other sparks... it is so obviously different... the price becomes understandable...

anyway, wun get that one yet.... maybe the typeR owners can consider... I know for sure I'd get those plugs if I owned a CTR...

$100 per set of 4 7ZX-8 is quite ok leow for me.

could have gone colder to the 7ZX-11 but was not recommended by the guy from the shop... another quiet car enthusiast... I shall not name names here... suffice it to say he is not there 'just' to sell you something... he want it to work well also. That puts him in my 'can trust my car with him' book...

$180 for set of 4... haha...what's that?? share share leh... that's $45 per plug leh..... lai lai... out with it... what brand/model you tokking about? Hope its not the OWS Irridium/double Irridium... some bros tried it leow... gone back to Denso after 2 weeks...
Back to top Go down
God
Idling
Idling
God

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2007, 02:53

Tat krangi is it from CM2? We did have bro using their plugs having the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Denso or NGK ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denso or NGK ?   Denso or NGK ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Denso or NGK ?
Page 1 of 1