Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clutch for ES5 manual

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jack
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-19

Clutch for ES5 manual Empty
PostSubject: Clutch for ES5 manual   Clutch for ES5 manual Icon_minitimeThu May 03 2007, 00:00

Any bros can help?

1) How long the clutch can Tahan?

2) How u know the clutch already wear off?

3) Any bros already replaced?
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Clutch for ES5 manual Left_bar_bleue85/100Clutch for ES5 manual Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Clutch for ES5 manual   Clutch for ES5 manual Icon_minitimeThu May 03 2007, 08:11

How long can clutch last depends on the driver.

Lousy driving habits, always half clutch on slope and everywhere else, the clutch will wear off in less than 50,000 km. If lucky can last to 80,000km.

Normal user can last at least 100,000 km.

I've changed mine. but to aftermarket clutch.

u will know clutch wearing out soon when it gets heavier and heavier to depress, and

gone when fully depress, engage 2nd gear, with clutch fully depressed, you step the accelerator, car moves forward... no clutch leow... but this stage will be dangerous...

sometimes - totally cannot engage gear... also means clutch gone...

hope that helps

else you can bring it to a workshop to get the mechanic to check. usually they will know.
Back to top Go down
jack
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Clutch for ES5 manual   Clutch for ES5 manual Icon_minitimeThu May 03 2007, 21:34

mcdss wrote:
How long can clutch last depends on the driver.

Lousy driving habits, always half clutch on slope and everywhere else, the clutch will wear off in less than 50,000 km. If lucky can last to 80,000km.

Normal user can last at least 100,000 km.

I've changed mine. but to aftermarket clutch.

u will know clutch wearing out soon when it gets heavier and heavier to depress, and

gone when fully depress, engage 2nd gear, with clutch fully depressed, you step the accelerator, car moves forward... no clutch leow... but this stage will be dangerous...

sometimes - totally cannot engage gear... also means clutch gone...

hope that helps

else you can bring it to a workshop to get the mechanic to check. usually they will know.

Thanks for the good infor..Smile
where is the place u replaced and how much bro?
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Clutch for ES5 manual Left_bar_bleue85/100Clutch for ES5 manual Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Clutch for ES5 manual   Clutch for ES5 manual Icon_minitimeTue May 08 2007, 16:29

i dun think you want to use the clutch i'm using...

best to get OEM or original clutch for normal driving. you can try ah heng's at Blk 13 hougang ave 10. the workshop name is Soon Kiang or something like that.

he will get for you original clutch which imho is best for normal to spirited drive ES. it will last you at least another (whatever distance you got on your odometer)

price pls let him tell you... it's not so expensive la. Go back to KM may be a lot more expensive, but if you want extra warranty, then KM is the place to go...

./
Back to top Go down
jack
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Clutch for ES5 manual   Clutch for ES5 manual Icon_minitimeTue May 08 2007, 22:07

Cool Thanks again bro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch for ES5 manual   Clutch for ES5 manual Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutch for ES5 manual
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team ES Singapore :: Highly Intellectual Reference & Applied Technical Issues :: Performance Tuning-
Jump to: