Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

toyo T1R

Go down 
+2
sodaping
darth vader
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
toyo T1R Left_bar_bleue0/0toyo T1R Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2007, 15:00

Yo peeps, i've got gotten rid of my thrashed F1s.....the ominous signs were there...3 tyres kena punctured....tt's it for me man...so off i went to YB n gotten myself them T1Rs.....prior to fitment, i lifted up them tyres n wanted to check the DOM...stated 1607 which meant the 16th week of 2007 aka end Apr 2007. happy w the DOM, n was lagi happy w the weight cuz its lighter than my used F1s....affraid didnt weigh it on the scale so no firm figures. anyways, once they were installed i took it for a quick spin back hm....initial drive feels comfy (all new tyres do...Razz ) and acc seemed brisk ( i'm guessing it cud be due to the lighter tyres) but its quieter than the F1s (even when the F1s were new)....cant comment much on the grip cuz its still under scrub in period....which shd be ready sometime next week, i guess. afro the 1 thing i cant comprehend though, is tt despite the similiar sized profile (205/50/16) as my F1s it actually seemed bigger than it is....scratch not tt its a bad thing though....lol! n here r some infos for bros who might be interested...i got them from YB @ 150 bux per piece inclusive installation, balancing n GST. if paying by cash u cud haggle for a lower price. tt's abt all. stay tuned for the FR next week.......afro
Back to top Go down
sodaping
Idling
Idling
sodaping

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-02-08

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic (Year 05)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
toyo T1R Left_bar_bleue10/10toyo T1R Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2007, 00:05

welcome to the t1r family... hmmm wonder what i gonna get next tires change... hehe... geek
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2007, 23:51

sodaping wrote:
welcome to the t1r family... hmmm wonder what i gonna get next tires change... hehe... geek

and since when were u on T1Rs? scratch
Back to top Go down
sodaping
Idling
Idling
sodaping

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2007, 23:52

darth vader wrote:
sodaping wrote:

ah about a month ago or more forgot liao...
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2007, 23:55

sodaping wrote:
darth vader wrote:
sodaping wrote:

ah about a month ago or more forgot liao...

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
sodaping
Idling
Idling
sodaping

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2007, 11:40

calling DV raining liao can test tires on wet liao...Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2007, 17:26

sodaping wrote:
calling DV raining liao can test tires on wet liao...Twisted Evil

tested in the rain liao. verdict: F1 is better. end of FR. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2007, 21:52

in lieu of the recent wet weather...i had several chance to test out the T1Rs, nw tt i've passed the scrub in period.....here's the lowdown on my personal feel:

Wet conditions
In this aspect, i'd say the Goodyear F1s r better. Not to say tt the T1Rs r shabby, but the F1s felt more assuring in the wet. By saying wet, i mean moderate drizzle w visibility, road surface conditions wet and travelling at 120km/h for a short burst.....of cse w minimal traffic la (lest i got crucified for reckless driving Razz ). tt said, the T1Rs held up admirably in the wet, albeit not as grippy as the F1s. verdict: F1 9, T1Rs 7.5

Dry conditions
For this, i'd say the F1s n the T1Rs share the honour for dry grip. however, the T1Rs r better w lesser rd noise than the F1s. Also, while the sidewalls of the T1Rs r not in the same league as the RE01Rs, it is marginally better than the F1s. This is based on kupping corners @ a near 90 degree gradual bend ( again, i tried tis out with NO vehicles in the dead of the nite). butt feel says the T1Rs felt better. so hopefully this tyre will hold up well in track, PG or SIC. verdict: T1R 8.5 F1 7.5 (due to its soft sidewall).

That said, this kinda concludes my FR on the T1Rs. assessment is based on my butt feel n driving patterns. other users of the T1Rs pls share ur valuable experience w us. Wink
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male
Number of posts : 773

My Garage
Ride: Honda M3
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2007, 22:39

thanks for fr... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2006-10-18

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 13:59

darth vader wrote:
in lieu of the recent wet weather...i had several chance to test out the T1Rs, nw tt i've passed the scrub in period.....here's the lowdown on my personal feel:

Wet conditions
In this aspect, i'd say the Goodyear F1s r better. Not to say tt the T1Rs r shabby, but the F1s felt more assuring in the wet. By saying wet, i mean moderate drizzle w visibility, road surface conditions wet and travelling at 120km/h for a short burst.....of cse w minimal traffic la (lest i got crucified for reckless driving Razz ). tt said, the T1Rs held up admirably in the wet, albeit not as grippy as the F1s. verdict: F1 9, T1Rs 7.5

Dry conditions
For this, i'd say the F1s n the T1Rs share the honour for dry grip. however, the T1Rs r better w lesser rd noise than the F1s. Also, while the sidewalls of the T1Rs r not in the same league as the RE01Rs, it is marginally better than the F1s. This is based on kupping corners @ a near 90 degree gradual bend ( again, i tried tis out with NO vehicles in the dead of the nite). butt feel says the T1Rs felt better. so hopefully this tyre will hold up well in track, PG or SIC. verdict: T1R 8.5 F1 7.5 (due to its soft sidewall).

That said, this kinda concludes my FR on the T1Rs. assessment is based on my butt feel n driving patterns. other users of the T1Rs pls share ur valuable experience w us. Wink

wow... so (dry+wet)/2=avg, F1 wins right?
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01 2007, 16:27

vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Wet conditions

Dry conditions

bounce bounce bounce this is a comparo btwn 2 tyres i've used b4 based on my butt feel for WET and DRY performances. if points system is hw u determine ur selection then www.tirerack.com is the one for u. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2007, 04:08

darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Wet conditions

Dry conditions

bounce bounce bounce this is a comparo btwn 2 tyres i've used b4 based on my butt feel for WET and DRY performances. if points system is hw u determine ur selection then www.tirerack.com is the one for u. Razz Razz Razz

tirerack says best tyres are goodrich KDW, not available in singapore. they also said S03 is high rating tyres both good and dry, but they are sucks in sepang. waste my $$
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2007, 22:10

vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Wet conditions

Dry conditions

tirerack says best tyres are goodrich KDW, not available in singapore. they also said S03 is high rating tyres both good and dry, but they are sucks in sepang. waste my $$

Vic, wat tyres wud u recommend then? afro
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 01:46

darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Wet conditions

Dry conditions

normal use in sgp F1 is good, u want track can try conti competetion C1, u want both, maybe r1r? i havent try out the r1r yet, 22nd sep will give u a report on the spot
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 17:13

vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Wet conditions

Dry conditions

normal use in sgp F1 is good, u want track can try conti competetion C1, u want both, maybe r1r? i havent try out the r1r yet, 22nd sep will give u a report on the spot

i want to sit in ur car! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
toyo T1R Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000toyo T1R Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 18:26

are u guys using Eagle F1 (germany) as a basis for comparison or just the thai ones?

I am on my second set of F1s. the first is the German F1s and the 2nd set is Thai. It is very obvious that the German ones are better in every aspect, from wet and dry driving to durablilty.

bro who complained about the skidding of F1s on MSCPs I believe had bought the Thai ones regardless of what they were told. A check on the tyre walls should give the answers.

I personally did a series of drift at Far East Plaza's tiled drive way Very Happy Jammed brakes after a rain and then anticipated the skids. I knew that place will skid Very Happy so show off a bit to my passenger Very Happy.

Thai F1s standard is not as good on wet. my confidence level for it had since diminished a little. but it is definitely bang for buck!
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 19:03

I feel it too.... at MSCP or on the road during wet weather, my car will torque spin and swing one side alot....... feels like my Kumho I used previously....
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
toyo T1R Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000toyo T1R Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 19:08

wonder the RE01 or RE070 or RE050 will do any good.

so far these few has quite nice tyre threads hahah Very Happy

if too ex, then will still be using F1s.
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2007, 20:03

Rookie wrote:

so far these few has quite nice tyre threads hahah :D

At least F1 protects my rims from damages....
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2007, 19:40

beemer wrote:
Rookie wrote:

so far these few has quite nice tyre threads hahah :D

At least F1 protects my rims from damages....

KUKU driver simi tyre also no use one lah
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2007, 22:22

beemer wrote:
I feel it too.... at MSCP or on the road during wet weather, my car will torque spin and swing one side alot....... feels like my Kumho I used previously....

T1Rs dun skid in my mscp like the F1s does in the wet.....besides, T1Rs comes w sidewall protection too....afro
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2007, 22:59

darth vader wrote:
beemer wrote:

T1Rs dun skid in my mscp like the F1s does in the wet.....besides, T1Rs comes w sidewall protection too....afro

so good..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2007, 05:08

i use thai made F1 195/50R15 travel 260 during wet no problem. check ur alignment and suspension setting
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2007, 05:10

darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:
vic000 wrote:
darth vader wrote:

Wet conditions

Dry conditions

i want to sit in ur car! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

someone said 22nd sep sepang closed, not too sure yet. my car can onli shave some timing on straight, corner sucks. no backside
Back to top Go down
beemer
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
beemer

Male

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2007, 15:55

vic000 wrote:
i use thai made F1 195/50R15 travel 260 during wet no problem. check ur alignment and suspension setting

yours is not a normal car mah.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

toyo T1R Empty
PostSubject: Re: toyo T1R   toyo T1R Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

toyo T1R
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next