Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!

Go down 
+3
mcdss
DaDude
severionz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
severionz
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2007, 01:51

I've just gotten a 2nd hand ES-1 ride, and looking at changing my stock 15" rims to 17" as the tyres are going BOTAK after 2 1/2 yrs ride from the original owner.

Just like to know some feedbacks from bros here if there will be tremendous drop in power if I upgrade to 17"?? My car is pure stock, not even a single mod done to it(something good when I got it....and it's my game now!Laughing )
I'm looking at some Taiwan rims(am looking at some models that ain't that heavy....7kg??Question )

Will anyone care to advise?? Thanks!

Severionz
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Left_bar_bleue0/0Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2007, 13:35

My take:

Dun go over 15" on your ride... unless you intend to do more mods on your engine. The profile tires original is 195/60/15 some bros here are on 205/50/15, 205/55/15, 195/55/15, and 195/50/15. all of which will make your speed and km readings go off... except for the original size.

Unless you are going for BBK's than go for 16" or 17" rims... Some here love their bigger rims and such...

My advice is to come by the regular meet ups every friday... you can look for ppl like mcdss, darth vader, rookie etc etc etc... they are more the regular ppl at meetups... U can ask all you need and test rides if the owners permit...
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2006-10-17

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
My Satisfaction Level:
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Left_bar_bleue85/100Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2007, 17:57

yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

this friday 31st. 9.00 pm... do come
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Left_bar_bleue0/0Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2007, 21:44

severionz wrote:
I've just gotten a 2nd hand ES-1 ride, and looking at changing my stock 15" rims to 17" as the tyres are going BOTAK after 2 1/2 yrs ride from the original owner.

Just like to know some feedbacks from bros here if there will be tremendous drop in power if I upgrade to 17"?? My car is pure stock, not even a single mod done to it(something good when I got it....and it's my game now!Laughing )
I'm looking at some Taiwan rims(am looking at some models that ain't that heavy....7kg??Question )

Will anyone care to advise?? Thanks!

Severionz

bro, as wat bro dadude has aptly put, i suggest that u stik w 15inch rims....u will get excellent FC and good acceleration. unless, of cse, u hv other plans up ur sleeves.....Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2007, 22:50

mcdss wrote:
yes yes... do cum down... you might even get to see the mighty Green Monster and Black Monster and Mag Monster and i suspect another DubMonster all with same pattern and ink... and 15-16 inch rims... fierce as hell too...

Twisted Evil

the next meet is at the Bishan Golf Range/ Asian Golf Academy along Sin Ming Road opposite the Sin Ming Autopoint/AC Delgro Comfort workshop

Doubt that... although the Budster might make it to some... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 00:18

DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:

Twisted Evil

ok ok on a fair note, I would love to meet all you bros if time permits. recently had been busy ... sorry.

as for monster group Very Happy ok ok I admit I have been the nicest guy on earth! I know the monsters love me hahahahahahahhaha!!!
Back to top Go down
severionz
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 00:53

DaDude wrote:
My take:

Dun go over 15" on your ride... unless you intend to do more mods on your engine. The profile tires original is 195/60/15 some bros here are on 205/50/15, 205/55/15, 195/55/15, and 195/50/15. all of which will make your speed and km readings go off... except for the original size.

Unless you are going for BBK's than go for 16" or 17" rims... Some here love their bigger rims and such...

My advice is to come by the regular meet ups every friday... you can look for ppl like mcdss, darth vader, rookie etc etc etc... they are more the regular ppl at meetups... U can ask all you need and test rides if the owners permit...

Forgive for my ignorance. What's BBK's??
Back to top Go down
roychew14
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
roychew14

Male
Number of posts : 962

My Garage
Ride: Pre FL ES03
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Left_bar_bleue0/100000000Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 01:57

Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:

Twisted Evil

ok ok on a fair note, I would love to meet all you bros if time permits. recently had been busy ... sorry.

as for monster group Very Happy ok ok I admit I have been the nicest guy on earth! I know the monsters love me hahahahahahahhaha!!!
who r the monsters here? and who love u?
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 09:27

severionz wrote:
DaDude wrote:
My take:

Big Brake Kit like Brembo, AP racing, Wilwood...etc
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 11:05

roychew14 wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:

Twisted Evil

errrrr .... I wonder ... scratch
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 11:44

severionz wrote:
DaDude wrote:
My take:

BBK - Big Brake Kit's
Brembo
alcon
jbt
exzzess
Projet MU
etc etc etc..

all needing a clearance of 16" to 18" rims and a certain offset...
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30 2007, 11:47

Rookie wrote:
roychew14 wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DaDude wrote:
mcdss wrote:

Twisted Evil

errrrr .... I wonder ... scratch
kns... you sure asking for it... now.. hiaz..!
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2007, 02:32

Severionz, Nice to hav put a face to the ES1... Get ready for more mods galore... haha.. Nice lenso 17" you have..
Catch ya round some time! Cool
Back to top Go down
severionz
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2007, 08:13

DaDude wrote:
Severionz, Nice to hav put a face to the ES1... Get ready for more mods galore... haha.. Nice lenso 17" you have..

DaDude, nice meetin you too..it was clearly enlightening for me to know so much what I can do to my ride.....make my PATTERN all come out!!! Hope by the next time we meet, can see ur new ride and if we have a chance to drive together...dun let me smell smoke k!!bounce
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2007, 12:00

severionz wrote:
DaDude wrote:

DaDude, nice meetin you too..it was clearly enlightening for me to know so much what I can do to my ride.....make my PATTERN all come out!!! Hope by the next time we meet, can see ur new ride and if we have a chance to drive together...dun let me smell smoke k!!bounce
haha... won't lah.. we let other peeps smell the smoke... heh heh... Happy modding.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!   Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, anyone can advise me a newbie....RIMS!!
Page 1 of 1