Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars

Go down 
+13
george
Airlesy
willrenz
vic000
eeee78
roychew14
mcdss
Rookie
rOcH
Foxbat
sf
mugen4
xiaonick
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2006-10-17

ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty
PostSubject: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2006, 14:39

As requested by Rookie, here's a more technical thread.

Which car do you think will be potentially a good competitor VS ES in terms of performance

I have listed a few, maybe you guys can add on. Anything 1.6litres and below please.

ES Rivals

1)Suzuki Swift Sports (No need to say 123hp@6800rpm vs 110hp ES, our ES torque is higher if I'm not wrong, Swift Sport 148Nm/4800rpm)

2)VIOS (It's HP is not higher, but the Power-to-weight-ratio is much better)

3)Getz 1.6
(It's HP is not higher, but the Power-to-weight-ratio is much better)

Back to top Go down
mugen4
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2006, 16:12

how abt

ALTIS 1.6A (109bhp vs ES5A 109bhp, weight should be ard same)
Back to top Go down
sf
Idling
Idling
sf

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2006, 18:13

maybe we can talk about performance for those driving manuals. but i think mostly autos... by the time i got my es5, that's all that were left.

if want performance, just step harder on the gas. but i think the sweet bit should be the handling. haven't driven the altis but the corolla was scary -- floaty at 100kph, steering disconnected. engine sounded like crap... it was a whirr, like some electric shavers.

the soluna sounded better, and revved more eagerly also. so strange. i did ride in a 1.8 altis in thailand, a taxi: quiet and fast. if u can take the ah pek looks.

and so the es scores another point for looks: one of the prettier civics, if not the prettiest. eg has nice curves, but have u looked in the interior? horrid.

all v opinionated of course, my apologies if i insulted anyone's ride. none are perfect, and it takes a sage to see some beauty in everything.... confucius say one.
Back to top Go down
Foxbat
Idling
Idling
Foxbat

Number of posts : 214

My Garage
Ride: Honda Stream RN6
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue5/10ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2006, 00:00

sf wrote:
maybe we can talk about performance for those driving manuals. but i think mostly autos... by the time i got my es5, that's all that were left.

if want performance, just step harder on the gas. but i think the sweet bit should be the handling. haven't driven the altis but the corolla was scary -- floaty at 100kph, steering disconnected. engine sounded like crap... it was a whirr, like some electric shavers.

the soluna sounded better, and revved more eagerly also. so strange. i did ride in a 1.8 altis in thailand, a taxi: quiet and fast. if u can take the ah pek looks.

and so the es scores another point for looks: one of the prettier civics, if not the prettiest. eg has nice curves, but have u looked in the interior? horrid.

all v opinionated of course, my apologies if i insulted anyone's ride. none are perfect, and it takes a sage to see some beauty in everything.... confucius say one.

eg 10 years ago was a beauty compared to the cars of the same year of manufacture, be it in or out
Back to top Go down
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2006, 12:15

mugen4 wrote:
how abt

ALTIS 1.6A (109bhp vs ES5A 109bhp, weight should be ard same)

Altis 1.6A lost out to a manual badly. Tested with my friend's car before
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2006, 15:22

Auto Altis vs Auto ES5?

May be Altis auto has a slight advantage over ES5 (A) confused
(DOHC vs SOHC)
Back to top Go down
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2006, 08:05

rOcH wrote:
Auto Altis vs Auto ES5?

(DOHC vs SOHC)

Never tried before will not know. But I feel the Toyota auto gearbox may be better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 1648

My Garage
Ride: Dub Streetstarr Civic
Image!: Bling Ride!
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2006, 12:23

xiaonick wrote:
rOcH wrote:
Auto Altis vs Auto ES5?

(DOHC vs SOHC)

Never tried before will not know. But I feel the Toyota auto gearbox may be better Very Happy

will be good if we can verify that.

can anyone arrange for an interclub meet? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2006, 15:36

Rookie wrote:
xiaonick wrote:
rOcH wrote:
Auto Altis vs Auto ES5?

(DOHC vs SOHC)

will be good if we can verify that.

can anyone arrange for an interclub meet? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't any toyota will want to race with hondas though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mugen4
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2006, 18:02

if the G9 model corolla will be a good fight....with the ES5(m)
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue85/100ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2006, 19:20

No need to theorise lor....

Just arrange for a Sepang run... I mean drive up at speed limit into Sepang track...

We can book the whole track for ES Civics ONLY, and invite the Malaysian Team ES to join us...

and whoever you think you want to 'challenge' and have a go around a safe and fun environment. Auto vs Auto, manual vs manual, blown vs blown, NA vs NA...

And once and for all put all these 'I think I think' and theoritically should be like this, like that... and paper value power out - and replace with track results...

dun have to drive to the limit of the car... just drive to the limit of the driver enough leow... the strengths and weaknesses of the cars will be apparant enough.

We put in thousands of dollars of mods into our cars to make it look and go fierce... let's put our money where our mouth is... and go validate our cars!

Next Open track day if you dare to mix it up in the OPEN category is in January 2007. Else you let me know when you have enough cars going up we 'pao ' Sepang Track for 5 hours from say 1pm to 6pm... enough to play till shiok leow...

who will take up the challenge? this is not a 'race challenge' just a go there and play challenge... any takers???

The Turtle - MCDS
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2006, 23:28

Burdder! What a Face u are the man!

speaking after my own heart. Doesn't matterwin or lose. put that aside first. What Iwas thinking is to organise a mix meetup. the first one maybe ES and Altis meet? at PG also can Very Happy

anyone can take the lead on this Very Happy Violent
Back to top Go down
roychew14
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
roychew14

Male
Number of posts : 962

My Garage
Ride: Pre FL ES03
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue0/100000000ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2006, 07:45

PG!!!! shiok!!!
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2006, 11:22

How bout Toyota Crown Diseal 5 speed manual Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rookie
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Rookie

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2006, 11:27

roychew14 wrote:
PG!!!! shiok!!!

exam over laio meh bro ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2006, 01:30

no need to go up sepang so far lah. there is a private drag track at gelang patah. but the rental is quite ex, if i'm not wrong, 3k to rent the track for half day. but if devide by many cars, let's say 50 cars, about 60 bucks.
Back to top Go down
vic000
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2006, 01:34

sf wrote:

there are some cars near to the perfect, if u got a perfect bank account with perfect number in. u can custom anything u want, make the car be perfect to you. if u dun like a car have doors, just build a car without door, if u dun like a car with wheels, use chain.
u got to compromise sometimes in this real world. nothing is perfect.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue85/100ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2006, 17:18

I've come to realise that the straight line sprints are not the best test of the 1.6 litre NA car. or any other car for that matter.

It's how the car handles OVERALL. on the straight, in various degrees of curves.

Just going straight will test how fast the car can attain & maintain a high speed if the straight road is long enough. in the 1.6 litre class, once you hit the revs, the other car if same 1.6 litre NA on same size tyres cannot pull away from you... (nor can you catch up) so it's all in the 1st 3 gears and how the car makes the rpm climb.

on a straight, that's all there is... but you can argue that if straight makes power faster, curves and exit from curve shud be same ... yup. shud be... depending on your entry speed... and where are you in that corner...

That is why in a multi-corner 5 km track, the real car emerges... which car/driver is better...

If you are just interested in paper/straight roads, den of course, who has more money put into the car (in the correct places of course), wins...

Agreed with sf, that this Civic is one of the nicest, if not THE nicest of the Civics, (imho - including the latest FD)

That is before the arrival of the CTR of course... that one hands down is the champion beauty of the Civics...

The Turtle - MCDS
Back to top Go down
willrenz
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeFri May 25 2007, 06:33

my es engine .....
disappointed with the pickup..

moderated
Back to top Go down
Airlesy
Idling
Idling
Airlesy

Male
Number of posts : 273

My Garage
Ride: FD2R
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue0/0ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeFri May 25 2007, 10:59

willrenz wrote:
my es engine .....
disappointed with the pickup..

y u go dig old tread and show ur numbers??lol!

moderated
Back to top Go down
george
Idling
Idling
george

Male
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2006-10-31

My Garage
Ride: White Mar 2005 ES 5
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue9/10ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeTue May 29 2007, 12:51

I also think that Altis is fast on straights.....
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue0/0ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeTue May 29 2007, 13:15

george wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes buay ta han... What a Face
Back to top Go down
george
Idling
Idling
george

Male
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2006-10-31

My Garage
Ride: White Mar 2005 ES 5
My Satisfaction Level:
ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Left_bar_bleue9/10ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeWed May 30 2007, 11:05

REALLY NO JOKE!!!

DaDude wrote:
george wrote:
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeWed May 30 2007, 12:17

george wrote:
REALLY NO JOKE!!!

DaDude wrote:
george wrote:

i think Dadude is not doubting u. rather, its becuz u kip on harping abt THAT altis ever since u came back.....Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
DaDude
3000 RPM
3000 RPM
DaDude

Male
Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2006-11-03

My Garage
Ride:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitimeWed May 30 2007, 12:40

darth vader wrote:
george wrote:
REALLY NO JOKE!!!

DaDude wrote:
george wrote:

i think Dadude is not doubting u. rather, its becuz u kip on harping abt THAT altis ever since u came back.....Razz Razz Razz
Buay ta hannnnn.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars   ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ES5 vs Other Similar Range Cars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next