Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Defi-link display & Auto gauage

Go down 
+4
eeee78
xiaonick
darth vader
rOcH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

Defi-link display & Auto gauage Empty
PostSubject: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2007, 19:24

Check this out

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/dp/dp_top.html

Space saver, now is to find out the cost Twisted Evil (guess should be 1k ba)

The package comes in (Internet seem to quote 30,000 yen)

1. Defi-link display x 1
2. Installation stay x 1
3. Meter wire (25cm) x 1
4. Speed signal wire (2m) x 1
5. Set screw x 1
6. Parts set x 1
7. Operation manual x 1
8. Solderless connector x 1

Sensors - Part number

Defi-link oil pressure sensor set - PDF00713SS
Defi-link oil temperature sensor set - PDF00908SS
Defi-link water temperature sensor set - PDF01006SS

Last edited by on Sun Dec 02 2007, 00:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2007, 20:55

Went to get some quotation from various shop. Quotation included labour charges, adapters, 3 x sensors (water temp, oil temp, oil pressure), control link verison 2 and link display.

McWell
Total damage: $1380 including GST. No break down of detailed parts. Include adapters and labour.

Yap bro (No stock for the defi-link display, claim stock coming in end of month)
Total damage: $1175 (before GST) $1257.25 including GST. No adapter quoted.

1. Defi control link 2 (Ver. 2) $160
2. Defi-link display $400
3. Oil pressure sensor $255
4. Oil temperature sensor $150
5. Water temperature sensor $150
6. Labour is $60

ST Power
Total damage: $1290 including GST, labour and adapters.

1. Defi-link display $465 (including labour)
2. Adapter $30 each
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2007, 21:07

Was speaking to the person-in-charge from ST power. From the way, he mentioned, seems like only need 02 adapter.

One adapter for the water temperature sensor which is going to be installed at the hose that contain the coolant. Adapter will be housing the sensor hence, will have to sacifice the adapter when one decide to remove the sensor.

Another adapter will be mounted at the engine oil filter position.
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Defi-link display & Auto gauage Left_bar_bleue0/0Defi-link display & Auto gauage Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2007, 10:25

Lemme ask GT auto for a quote....Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2007, 11:37

darth vader wrote:
Lemme ask GT auto for a quote....Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

that was what ah ren suggested also Cool

Please do What a Face
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2007, 12:35

On second though, does it make any sense to install after-market gauages? Suspect Question
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2007, 11:52

Thinking alot it, NA most important parameters is the water temp, oil temp and oil pres.

All the above 3 are already monitored by the engine ecu and sensors. The only differences are that the display is not as detailed none attractive than the after-market. Just a very basic display gauge built in together with the speedo meter..... Sleep

guess i have just answered my very own question! lol!
Back to top Go down
darth vader
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
darth vader

Male
Number of posts : 821

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
Defi-link display & Auto gauage Left_bar_bleue0/0Defi-link display & Auto gauage Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2007, 21:37

rOcH wrote:
Thinking alot it, NA most important parameters is the water temp, oil temp and oil pres.

All the above 3 are already monitored by the engine ecu and sensors. The only differences are that the display is not as detailed none attractive than the after-market. Just a very basic display gauge built in together with the speedo meter..... Sleep

bro, i beg to differ.....water temp indication on the instrument panel is sedated to say the least...it hardly ever moves....as for oil temp n oil press, i seriously cant see any kind of indication.....except when the parameters hv exceeded its threshold, it'll throw up a CEL light...tt's abt it. so if u ask me, its more of good to hv item. Wink
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2007, 02:18

darth vader wrote:
rOcH wrote:

bro, i beg to differ.....water temp indication on the instrument panel is sedated to say the least...it hardly ever moves....as for oil temp n oil press, i seriously cant see any kind of indication.....except when the parameters hv exceeded its threshold, it'll throw up a CEL light...tt's abt it. so if u ask me, its more of good to hv item. Wink

I agreed to your saying above. It is a good to have items.

lol!
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2007, 03:08

Check this out

http://tw.autos.yahoo.com/auto_information_article2/url/d/a/060123/7/on4.html

:afro:
Back to top Go down
xiaonick
Idling
Idling
xiaonick

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2007, 17:04

rOcH wrote:
On second though, does it make any sense to install after-market gauages? Suspect Question

If you don't track or REV hard, it's ok.

But it's good to have, like an umbrella, you never know that it will save you one day!
Back to top Go down
eeee78
2000 RPM
2000 RPM

Male
Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2007, 18:01

xiaonick wrote:
rOcH wrote:

If you don't track or REV hard, it's ok.

But it's good to have, like an umbrella, you never know that it will save you one day!
Big or small umbrella? scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2007, 17:12

Come come, let's go and install.

Mark ge, Huo ge and macros, good price from foxbat recent purchase.
Back to top Go down
macross43
Idling
Idling
macross43

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-06-21

My Garage
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2007, 19:43

rOcH wrote:

How much ??? i was thinking of getting the Blitz that got the function of rsm n temp together.
Back to top Go down
Airlesy
Idling
Idling
Airlesy

Male
Number of posts : 273

My Garage
Ride: FD2R
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2007, 23:46

rOcH wrote:

where, i also wan. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2007, 11:03

macross43 wrote:
rOcH wrote:

How much ??? i was thinking of getting the Blitz that got the function of rsm n temp together.

I think 3 meters (Water temp, oil temp & oil pressure) + sensors (this one unconfirm if genuine from defi) + controller II without installation is less than 1k. Include installation fee will be in the region of low 1k.

Wonder if we can still push the price further down Cool
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2007, 11:12

Airlesy wrote:
rOcH wrote:

where, i also wan. Embarassed

Where i dun know Laughing Laughing Laughing haven't get the contact yet. But price sure is attractive Laughing Laughing Laughing

Will let you know when we are going down to purchase and install Wink
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
Defi-link display & Auto gauage Left_bar_bleue85/100Defi-link display & Auto gauage Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2007, 17:34

i dunno man... now the Taiwanese made are quite ok also... and reliable generally. i am not too keen to get 'branded' for that kind of price... it's just an indicator that it's norm, above norm etc on street and track (esp track of course)... installer and availability of spares are also important, and price...

for my current case (still not addressed yet - and today it's working again...) i strongly suspect is the installation and sensor position a bit wonky... so if it fits nicely inthe end i will not be considering upgrades to such 'race spec' meters.

I am looking for a cheep HUD for rpm and speed readout and shift light too if there is hahaha... Defi has one called the VSD. very useful for filming purpose... kekeke... but the thing is in the high end of 300 bux almost 400. maybe someone will demod and sell soon...

or a cheep taiwanese replica is available...

sigh... also thinking to upgrade to look like the beng mobile and lay down a row of 7 or more gauges in place of my current setup... sigh... no end to mods man... or maybe remove the topdash set and just keep on the inside dash mount of 2 meters on the instrument panel... just need the vacuum meter and possibly a volt meter only ba... better yet a clock hahaha...

oh well... see how it is in mid december... den say...

Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2007, 21:51

I'm pretty sure i'll be getting the defi NA package. Now is to compare quotation between bro foxbat lobang which require a waiting time of 2 weeks. Should be minor difference. So thinking whether to wait 2 weeks and save less than hundred bucks or not Laughing Laughing

This item can shift over to the next car, so i don't mind getting a slightly premium verison. Because, i believe my next car will still be NA Laughing Laughing Laughing (but manual, not auto)

It just happened, that i'm not a turbo person. I'm a cheepo Twisted Evil

Anyway, i find the vsdx a bit too bulky for liking.

I won't be placing the meters on the board. That place is reserved tongue
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 01:09

http://www.stockcarracing.com/techarticles/59178_race_car_gauges/index.html

Something to read about, if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:
Defi-link display & Auto gauage Left_bar_bleue85/100Defi-link display & Auto gauage Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 01:12

thanks!! a good read...

below is the link to the AutoMeter the article talks about ..

http://www.autometer.com/default.aspx

this is not to be confused with the Autogauge (made in Taiwan) meters...

actually, i am planning maybe to get these instead... Unless I can get the 'old' style defi in white face and not smoke face. I like the white face red pointers, no need illumination for daytime driving.. i think they are better...

but that's me.
Back to top Go down
fire88
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 14:40

mcdss wrote:
thanks!! a good read...

actually, i am planning maybe to get these instead... Unless I can get the 'old' style defi in white face and not smoke face. I like the white face red pointers, no need illumination for daytime driving.. i think they are better...

but that's me.

You know how much is the Tachco?
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male

My Garage
My Satisfaction Level:

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 16:38

fire88 wrote:
mcdss wrote:
thanks!! a good read...

but that's me.

You know how much is the Tachco?

sui hor? must buy one... hahaha... the one limit at 9,000rpm is best... the 6,800 redline ES5 can use almost the whole range... over-rev a bit 8,000 leow hahaha...

I dunno how much... I will go and ask... see my friend in usa can send over or not... that will be MOST sui... haha
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2007, 20:19

I still like the classic defi Laughing

But tacho is different, in fact unique design the have. I like their tacho meter more than their gauages
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defi-link display & Auto gauage   Defi-link display & Auto gauage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defi-link display & Auto gauage
Page 1 of 1