Team ES Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team ES Singapore

Honda Civic 7th Generation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2006-10-17

ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Empty
PostSubject: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 14:28

Does the ES auto has a filter in the gear box? Can anyone confirm this information?

I'm thinking of flushing my auto gear box in the near future and if there is this filter in the box, i would like it to be replaced. Used for 100k liao. I think its enough and time to replace it.

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
fire88
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2007, 15:24

If there is a external filter you can go ahead to replace it. If there is none, then just drain out completely and replace the oil. You can also replace the oil again 1 or 2 weeks later for better flushing.

Please don't open up the gear box, it is not as easy task and not many mech out there can understand or work on it. If you ask them, they will say " Oh! can no problem, it is very easy we always do that", but later all problem come to you, your wallet and your time.....

Think twice......Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
macross43
Idling
Idling
macross43

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-06-21

My Garage
Ride: eg. Honda Civic (Year or chasis code)
Image!:
My Satisfaction Level:
ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Left_bar_bleue0/0ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2007, 00:46

I agree with Ah "huo" that if the filter need to be change constantly , it will be design to be easy access rather than inside the gear box itself , unless it plan for change only when u overhual ur gear box.
Back to top Go down
mcdss
1000 RPM
1000 RPM
mcdss

Male
Number of posts : 979

My Garage
Ride: Honda Civic 2004 ES5(M)
Image!: Sleeper...
My Satisfaction Level:
ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Left_bar_bleue85/100ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)

PostSubject: Re: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2007, 09:22

something new for me...

I owned the CVT ES8 for 2 years, never knew there's a filter inside the gearbox... i changed gear oil frequently tho... becos always on NS highway doing.... 110kmh...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
rOcH
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2007, 12:10

Thanks for all the advise.

I have dropped the idea of replacing the internal filter (if there are any). Instead go for the machine flush of gear box. What a Face
Back to top Go down
fire88
Idling
Idling

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 11:22

mcdss wrote:
something new for me...

I owned the CVT ES8 for 2 years, never knew there's a filter inside the gearbox... i changed gear oil frequently tho... becos always on NS highway doing.... 210kmh...

Laughing

whoa! so far ar.....me smell smoke also cannot...hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?   ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ES Auto gear filter? Anyone can confirm?
Page 1 of 1